Dents and a scrape!

Looking for some info peeps.

Got me the following:
- 3 lines on roof going from sunroof area to the front, asif something was pulled off the roof. 2-3 REALLY small rust bubble things are there too where the scrapes are.

-Dint between driver door and front tyre panel thing, as if door was slammed open.

-3 uber small dints on the bonnet

-1 even smaller unoticable one on the left rear passanger door.

Dents on bonnet i'm not sure how to sort them. Under the bonnet has like another layer in the way if you get me, but I heard you can pull them out using hair dryers or ice cubes or some crap?

And the rear door, doesn't really matter.

Would a halfords dent removal kit aid this or are they useless? Any suggestions?

I have a feeling, the roof scrape and the little rusty bit is there to stay, don't see how I can fix?

ANY help appreciated. It's because when shes cleaned and shiny it looks awesome until the dents catch your eye, I'd love to make them less noticable. Going to sell if not, shame with only 57,000 miles though.

All sound minor.

Check a few bodyshops for prices or give Quickdraw or Kristian a PM, they'll sort you out.

You'd be a fool to sell over a £100 fix, still don't think you know what a sweet whip you've got!

Hairdryers/ice-cubes/Halfrauds = :door:

Northern meet?

Go and have a look at the contents of the Halfords kit. It's a lolly stick, some string and some gloves, or something along those lines. Not worth the £20 they try charging you at all.

All sound minor.

Check a few bodyshops for prices or give Quickdraw or Kristian a PM, they'll sort you out.

You'd be a fool to sell over a £100 fix, still don't think you know what a sweet whip you've got!

Hairdryers/ice-cubes/Halfrauds = :door:

Northern meet?

Currently working part time weekends and I believe it's a weekend meet like the last one?

Job interview tuesday though and considering university clearing so should all be resolved soon.

Bodyshop could sort that out.

Where in Yorkshire are you? Bodyshop im using is quite cheap and doing good job on mine. Hes in Sheffield but might need to see it first

just dont get halfords to quote you!! i got a quote on the dent on the RHR side and they wanted to charge me £145!!

indeed, we, ikn halfords, just have a card we have to go by, and shine, the company doing it are parp, they keep refusing to do jobs. even refused to do one one day cos there was too many flies about :rolleyes:

but aye, get a bodyshop to give you a quote, or find someone with the skills to do it, dont sound too hard to sort really

a) the methos your are talking about is dry ice!

you basically - if you can place the dry ice behind the dent so it freezes the metal, or crater the dent more so i can get the dry ice into the dent - freeze the metal so it covers about 2 inch past the metal.

then when it heats up under the sun or with a hair dryer, and due the metal expanding and contracting with the heat variation it pops the dent out!

my advice - dont do it if you dont know what your doing!

plus dry ice gives of carbon dioxide - which if you inhale can make you sick and even kill at the right quantities!

to be honest you cant say what to do to a dent without seeing it"

as each are totally different dependin on were they are located, double skinned etc!

best way is a dent puller - basically just welds a metal stick to the middle of the dent - ou pull it out, and then sort the paint wrk out were you pulled it out!

I think some dent fixing and a quick blow over is in order to bring it bang up to date.. Definalty for such a milage..

Let me know if your interested..

Ive done lots of work For AOC members, and Know the cars.

ive used a company before called Dingoes, they were excellant, they got 3 dents out on my corsa for cheap cheap cheap!! not sure if they have any people who work for them though up in yorkshire :(

google search :D

Back
Top Bottom