dump valve (tried to post this in the n16 tunnig section but it woudnt let me)

alreet i have got a n16 2.2dci and a was thinking of fitting a dump valve and a was woundering how difficult it would be and where i would find out how to do it. my dads realy good wit stuff like this bt he works at nissan and dosent get that much free time. plus i would like to try and do it my self cheers:confused:

The shortest and least technical advice i can give is you cant. Because its a Diesel. Diesel engines work on huge amounts of vaccum so releasing boost pressure would cause one to stall.

(There is more too it but thats all you need to know)

The shortest and least technical advice i can give is you cant. Because its a Diesel. Diesel engines work on huge amounts of vaccum so releasing boost pressure would cause one to stall.

(There is more too it but thats all you need to know)

Actually you can quite easily fit a dump valve to a TDi and make it work. The more pressing issue would be that it's pointless. It would have no effect on performance and would just sound daft.

do a search for derv doctor. they use an electrically controlled dump valve which will cost you about 200 fitted, but like has been said, its poinless, spend the money on better stuff that actually makes the car drive better, for 200 quid you can get it chipped!

£200 ive seen them on ebay buy it now for £40 thats the only thing that atrracted it to me. also ive also seen these diesel tunig things they are little black boxes with 3 wires coming from them there goin for about £70 an supposably give you an extra 15 to 20 hp does any 1 know if this is true and how they work cheers

£200 ive seen them on ebay buy it now for £40 thats the only thing that atrracted it to me. also ive also seen these diesel tunig things they are little black boxes with 3 wires coming from them there goin for about £70 an supposably give you an extra 15 to 20 hp does any 1 know if this is true and how they work cheers

If you do buy one of those black boxes, make sure you apply the stickers that come with them as that'll give you at least another 10bhp on top of your 15 to 20.....:roll:

If you do buy one of those black boxes, make sure you apply the stickers that come with them as that'll give you at least another 10bhp on top of your 15 to 20.....:roll:

you forgot to mention the 15-20 bhp that can be gained by adding one of those ebay resistors ollie:D

the 40 quid dump valves are for petrol cars, the diesel ones are completely different.

and yes them black boxes will work but they run off standard maps so youll use a lot more diesel and theres no way it would pass an mot smoke test

Back
Top Bottom