Eddies Ride

I've been to The Wheel Alignment Center a bunch of times now with my drift car, he knows me well down there now. Top bloke, does exactly what you ask for, since I have my own settings rather than factory :)

Yeah same. His place is also one of the only places my car fits on the ramps as everyone else says its too low!​
He did chuckle when I was there with my mate and he asked for -6.5* camber on the front. Tehe​

Question.

As the rear panels are all flex points in the chassis that you have now had welded up. Where are you expecting the flex to now go? The next weakest link....

-Phone-

I think the point Sam was making is that the chassis will now flex in another area which is potentially not designed to do which could cause you more issues. Seam welding should be done on entire car on every seam not just 1 part. I've thought about seam welding my engine bay before, but was told very against doing just one part of the car for this same reason - it puts pressure & loads on the next weakest point in the car.

You may run into issues with other chassis parts or panels cracked or breaking away from each other when/if you get onto a track and push the car hard.

I think the point Sam was making is that the chassis will now flex in another area which is potentially not designed to do which could cause you more issues. Seam welding should be done on entire car on every seam not just 1 part. I've thought about seam welding my engine bay before, but was told very against doing just one part of the car for this same reason - it puts pressure & loads on the next weakest point in the car.

You may run into issues with other chassis parts or panels cracked or breaking away from each other when/if you get onto a track and push the car hard.

^ this

I just couldn't be bothered to type a lot being on my phone.

-Phone-

Should never use oil flushes, can do much more harm than good dislodging build ups in the engine resulting in blocked oil ways.

3/4 a litre of oil sits in the bottom of the sump pan that cannot be drained so you can never really flush the engine completely.

Still dont like the seats but fair play on getting them fitted properly, they look a good height.

Back
Top Bottom