ENGINE MANAGEMENT/WARNING LIGHT ERASING

Is there any method i can try to get rid of the orange engine warning light on a 04 Almera , i did pay out to have it cleared some months back ( was just a code for a sensor) but was hoping i could maybe do it myself.

Have you actually fixed whatever sensor is throwing the code?
Hi Hally , well when the mech did the diagnostic test the fault came up as a Lambda sensor, he said it was not that imperative to change it as it was not a safety issue and to save my money as he knew i intended to part ex it for another Nissan at a main dealer, he then cleared the fault code.
Well have done a deal with the dealer for a Note (he has given me peanuts for mine part ex though ) ,so do not want to pay out for sensor repairs to save them dosho ,so was hoping i could maybe clear the fault before i hand it in,if i cannot do it myself will get the mech to clear it again ,he only charged me £10 as am a regular ,but he is on hols .
Cannot really sell it private as the central locking module has become erratic as well, and would not wish it on a family that maybe has kiddies , as on the Tino only the passenger door can be opened with a key and the others stay permanatley locked ,so let the dealer sort that as well !

You should be able to clear it with most ODB2 reader, but if you haven't fixed the actual fault then there is no telling how soon it would come back.

Back
Top Bottom