Exhaust System Advice

I only mentioned the sound as it can make a difference in how you percieve speed, my micra seemed faster after the backbox fell off :roll:
I guess if its the first big step and an effort to free up the rest then it may be worth it in the long run. Bear in mind I dont understand much about tuning diesels, it just seemed like a lot of money for not much difference (But then my whole exhaust did cost £20 hehe).

lol i bet that micra sounded very pimp *ahem* :D

Well turbos need to expel gasses faster than NA to keep the turbine spooled up so a better zorst is going to do that. This should also give me a bit more torque too which is where the grunt is for a diesel due to lack of rev range. We've got a lot of people on here that have spent £250+ on an exhaust so I hope I'm not alone and gone and booked something I don't need! :eek: :O

turbo motors gain more from exhaust systems than N/A motors, nissan make shite systems, especially on their turbo cars and i would think on a diesel it would be even worse, so id say it will gain more than 6hp ed

When i changed my exhaust i ended up with a bit more lag/ less driveability. (as well as boost creep)

Used to be able to drive around in 4/5th gear everywhere (including hills) with instant boost.

Need to rev it out more now but i think the top end has improved.

Whats the standard exhaust pipe diameter?

Mate you will not be disappointed by Leon's work up there. My bro's car must have been 20hp over what it was with the previous aftermarket system. The welds are soooooo pretty!

Ivan

whoa contrast in opinion there. Don't know stock diameter. Dale you worry me now!

tbf though ed your car was designed to run with a turbo, dales wasnt, your car will be fine with the exhaust on it, and come on, diesels dont have lag issues lol. if anything a better exhaust is going to make your turbo spool quicker as the gases are getting out easier and faster

exhaust information..

hey everyone,
I've got a question for you, can anybody give me any websites or
anyone i could talk to about getting an exhaust for my almera?
as i have been looking for a little while now but cant seem to find on the internet
its a 1.4 i know alot of you that have modified exhausts are sporting them
on GTI's but i just thought it would be worth asking

thankyou luke:lol:

powerflow exhausts do one for the mera as do scorpion

dependin on what you want you could go custom theres plenty of places that make exhausts to fit totally custom to your specs

Here's my vote for a custom job, if someone on here can't point you in the right direction for your area then i would suggest checking your local cruise forum.

Here's my vote for a custom job, if someone on here can't point you in the right direction for your area then i would suggest checking your local cruise forum.

im with you just got one custom built myself for my gti , loads of people i know have got customs builds on over car, try somwhere like longlife , they have buildings dotted all over the place

An exhaust is an exhaust at the end of the day. Anything not `standard` is more likely to knock or rattle on something without fine tuning ( especially on a lowered N15/n16 because of the rear beam axle ).

I`d get a mandrell 2.0" MIJ system

theres plently of room for a 2.5" under with a slammed car. There should be no banging or knocking if the exhaust has been built right

=tommo i beg to differ. theres some good ones out there, its just that the few who are cowboys ruin the reputation.....

they all use the same shit steel and the same shit backboxes though. A proper custom exhuast place will make the boxes themselves.

tbf though ed your car was designed to run with a turbo, dales wasnt, your car will be fine with the exhaust on it, and come on, diesels dont have lag issues lol. if anything a better exhaust is going to make your turbo spool quicker as the gases are getting out easier and faster

You obviously haven't driven an Astra diesel yet - worst lag of any TD engined car I've driven ! It's like 'foot down & . . . . . nothing', 'drop a gear or two, foot down & wait for it . . . . . wait for it . . . . . ahhh - a short burst of torque & dead again'. Absolutely crap ! :eek:

But I think yours will be just fine Ed, as it's an infinitely superior Nissan FTW :)

lol thanks for that Paul, but I've long since had my exhaust and yes it was fine in the end :D

Back
Top Bottom