FAO Anyone about to post a thread relating to 'drag chips', 'electric turbos',......

Zetetic

'resistor mod chips'
'universal timing mod chips'
'race mod chips'
'performance chip'
'adjustable car ECU filter chip'
'electric supercharger'
'electric turbo'
'surbo'

or anything else that claims to give you an instant extra 10bhp, 15bhp...40+bhp................then don't.

Let me make this quite clear...

These are BOLLOCKS

No wait, I don't think that's clear enough...

THESE ARE BOLLOCKS

I'm fed up of the number of newbies who have signed up to this forum in the last few months with one of their first threeads asking what we think of one of the above.

Use some common sense. Does it sound too good to be true? Then yes it probably is.

If they were that good then they would be fitted at the factory or used in some sort of motorsport application. Have you ever heard of a rally car being fitted with one of these?

From now on anybody that posts asking about any of the above or similar will be doing so on the acceptance that they will be flamed, insulted and generally have the piss taken out of them with the thread finally being deleted. From now on there is no excuse. Get a grip max power people.

I've got a 'performance chip' fitted to my car :confused:

True it cost more than 2p, wasn't bought from the Bay and had to be professionally fitted by a garage..

But it's still a performance chip ;)

essNchill said:
I've got a 'performance chip' fitted to my car :confused:

True it cost more than 2p, wasn't bought from the Bay and had to be professionally fitted by a garage..

But it's still a performance chip ;)

Shaun, I've told you before, sticking a Maccy D's french fry up the tail pipe aint gonna do squat. Next time try eating em ;)

Ave heard them ecoteck things are pretty good, what ya fink Ze? :p

Zetetic said:
Jury's still out on that one.

But the chrome ones are best as the flow rate is improved cos of the shiny surface mate :)

add ecotek to list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOO

No they aren't - I had one on my last car and granted it did nothing for performance but my fuel consumption dropped noticeably.

I have had one on a micra 1.0 and my almera gti and on both it did fuck all for performance and got slightly less economy!

STOO

Agree these are shit but are good for reducing emissions come MOT time.

About 4 years from now at the first steps with my mera i'm embarrassed to say that i have bought one of these electric turbo things called Turbo_Zet
Ones i'd moded up i thoght that i had made that ultimate modification evah!
I was wrong .. VERY WRONG ..
Do know maybe I've learned from mistakes so far.
there's a link to check..
forum.soundillusions.net/archive/index.php/t-20955.html :thumb2:

Got an ecotek fitted, and economy is a tad better, as long as I don't rag the car. Makes a stupid noise at about 1500-2000 revs when you come off the accellerator and just let the engine slow you down though...... And electric supercharger ? Had one on my old car ( a 2.5 merc 190e ) and it worked, but couldn't get it to fit an N16. Ah, well.

Rob

An electric turbo!!!!! Just use a hair dryer and a can of deodrant as NOS, least u will always look and smell good, even if you are too cheap to pay the extra for something that works!!!!!

There all just a waste of time zetetics spot on what his said my mate had one in his festa and it did nothing and made his car sound more electrical than a scaletrix and im sure that a while back that a member put his gti on the rollers with one of these on and on the second run shut the ecotec of and it gained around 5-8 more bhp waste of time we should take them fraudsters to that programe consumer watch or what ever its called bloody hate them god dam ecotecs and 20bhp chips.

steve o gti said:
There all just a waste of time zetetics spot on what his said my mate had one in his festa and it did nothing and made his car sound more electrical than a scaletrix and im sure that a while back that a member put his gti on the rollers with one of these on and on the second run shut the ecotec of and it gained around 5-8 more bhp waste of time we should take them fraudsters to that programe consumer watch or what ever its called bloody hate them god dam ecotecs and 20bhp chips.

Jesus man, have you not heard of punctuation !?

I had an electric turbo on a micra. Worked a treat. loads of power.

Back
Top Bottom