Fitting 2.0i engine in to nissan micra..........

Can anyone give me any advice on putting a 2.0 almera gti engine in to a micra, thought about doing this before but never got round to it, I have my old almera gti, its a complete running car ( just bit to rotten on rear end, so stripping it ) so any advice as to what i might need would be helpfull.

Can't be done. You have to cut the front end of the Almera and Micra off, then weld the front of the Almera on to the micra. Then you have to join the wires.

Can't be done? Me and a mate have just done it. It's a case of drilling the spot welds out the LH and RH almera/primera mounts and fitting them onto the micra chassis leg, it took a few attempts and fine measurement to get it spot on but it's now fitted with good clearance allround! The water pump bolts we swapped and slightly countersunk them and the centre member was extended in width. He had custom shafts made for about £570 and he moved the full wiring loom over and just recently he took it for a blast. I done the linkages for him which was a case of shortening the stay bar and lengthening the linkage iirc! Unlike others who have done the conversion and sort of shy away we will be happy to help so get over onto MSC :) oh it's Glen's blog your looking for

Maybe have a look here.

http://www.micra.org.uk/

That'd be the first place i'd look.
That's not really 'pawning him off because he's new', it's actually quite useful because most of us here will be guessing how to do it, whereas it's more likely that the chaps on MSC will actually 100% know what needs to be done, and provide the best knowledge for it :).

I didn't need to read your post to realise Msc has no sense of humour. But thanks anyway.
This is pretty true actually, we all sit around in comfy chairs reading newspapers.

dx9Io.jpeg

That's not really 'pawning him off because he's new', it's actually quite useful because most of us here will be guessing how to do it, whereas it's more likely that the chaps on MSC will actually 100% know what needs to be done, and provide the best knowledge for it :).

My thoughts exactly Ed.

I know there is only Ross and the Biscuit Boys that have done it on here like.

Good to hear he's got it done Stani !!!
How's she feel??
Joe

(P.s. still can't believe your white LOL)

I've not been out in it yet as I'm super busy but he posted a vid on Facebook and now MSC and it seems decent although it was without a cat back lol turbo parts are being sourced too! ;)

And I'll never forget the look on your face when you realised I was white!

Back
Top Bottom