Forum banner

D

Deleted member 939

can any mods confirm the dimensions the site's allowed for the graphic at the top of the forum page? wanted to try and update it a bit with pictures from the recent meet but was unsure how wide it was allowed to be! (ideally wanted to make it as wide as the blue taskbar containing the User CP/FAQ etc).

K33 ELV said:
can any mods confirm the dimensions the site's allowed for the graphic at the top of the forum page? wanted to try and update it a bit with pictures from the recent meet but was unsure how wide it was allowed to be! (ideally wanted to make it as wide as the blue taskbar containing the User CP/FAQ etc).

That would be good, having active members cars on the banner. The main site needs a good update too i think...

Aye, although lets face it, how many people actually check the main site after they've found the forum? I know I haven't for over a year at least!

Perhaps replace the main site with a single page explaining that the main purpose is the forum and some info about the club and membership.

Corbs said:
Yeah and model types, also why does our intro page have a K12 micra there :S
Looks more like a concept of the Nissan Tiida to me - the replacement of the Pulsar in Japan.

It's certainly not a K12 ;) hehe

The site needs to be better to be honest as a forum goes its really good but i think the actual website needs to be improved alot!!! Maybe a portal would be good like NPOC that ones quite good and so is GTIROC website!! I know it getting time to do it all but i think between us we can do it!!! Id jump in with both feet if i was able to help out!

Being a completely unmodded install of vBulletin the upgrade to 3.6.2 could be done in less than half an hour by my reckoning (assuming your license hasn't expired) then the vbAdvanced addon would take another 30 or so. I'm willing to lend a hand or offer advice if anyone wants :)

I just upgraded the Micra site yesterday and it took me 2 hours because we had made so many changes to the themes and installed countless mods, that was fun! lol

James

i too agree with updating the homepage i remember comin on here years ago and it is still the same, and all the links except for the "forums" are crap

I think if it was me i'd just scrap the home page to be honest, all thats needed is the forum really, photos are in the members rides and its easier to set up the locked areas as well as organising events etc, at the end of the day we dont really need a website as such just a forum (as if obvious by the lack of website for the last however many years). any stock information such as a record of n15s made/features can be stickied and stuff so why waste peoples spare time on a site!

I just want a shiny new banner lol

need some sort of database that holds info on as many N15s/N16s that were made as there are alot of questions getting repeatedly asked.

sri_alan said:
need some sort of database that holds info on as many N15s/N16s that were made as there are alot of questions getting repeatedly asked.

That would be benificial but would require alot of work!!! I know were are a club but i do think a website is important! Maybe some people want to find out about the Almera but not want to wade through posts that have been posted on here! Not everyone is used to using forums. Juts an general information page would be cool!!! There are tonnes of forums online but how many have decent websites too!!! People may spend time on creating it but it wouldnt bother me too much as ive done it before!! It will aslo keep me inside whilst its getting colder outside, plus wouldnt be using a load of fuel driving round!

So erm, any mods got the max. dimensions for the main forum banner? lol

K33 ELV said:
So erm, any mods got the max. dimensions for the main forum banner? lol

I dunno mate, give Sparki a PM - he should be able to help you out

Maybe we should have a vote whether to get rid of the homepage altogether. Everything you need is in the forum and it might encourage people to join when they see an active forum first instead of an old outdated homepage...

Back
Top Bottom