From 1.4 gx to Gti

Hello. I own a n15 4door 1.4 gx almera an I recently bought a n15 gti ph1. In a few days I'm going to put all of the gti things to make a sedan n15 gti. Which parts are the same and no need to take them out of the car? Sorry for my english.

right you will need from the gti, engine, gearbox, engine loom, driveshafts, ecu, nats box(found under drivers side of the dasboard) and key chip ,

Also suspension, wheels, steering rack, steering wheel, gear knob, strut braces and dials to get the full GTi improvements.

Edit: and rear calipers? Did the 1.4 have disks? ABS? Aircon?

Rear drums are quite effective, unless you do substantial track work. ABS is overrated.
Just swap over the GTi front calipers and discs.

Also you will need the mounts and the gearbox side mount bracket which bolts to the chassis leg

I been think about this conversion since i bought sri gay from elliot.

Wish i decided gti before! going nut's in think later.

gutted.

Anti roll Bars are different as well. Just being picky though. I went from Si to Gti engine without any suspension or brake upgrades. I wouldn't advise it to be honest. Not dangerous as such but it makes you think ahead a bit.

Well..the car is naked, no a/c, no abs, no airbag, no discs on the rear...just electric windows, imo. So in a few days she will. Thank you all for helping me with my project. They told me that the steering rack is the same in 1.4-1.6 to Gti. I am happy because the gti owner was an old man (not so old about 60 years) and the car was driven like putting an egg under the acceleration pedal. Only 82000 miles. Does anybody has the service manual of the N15 to sent it to me because I'll do the job with a friend of mine. Especially for the wiring issues as abs.airbag etc. Thanks and I wish the best for you..

The 1.4 runs on Kyb excel g shocks with eibach springs -3 cm drop. Are the springs suitable? Because companies give the same codes of springs for the 1.4,1,6 and for the gti.

you cant fit phase 2 springs on phase one shocks try and use what you can off the donor mate complete unit swap, plus i found out the gti lower spring mount sits an inch lower on the front imo id use the complete gti sus setup on the 1.4 shell sits really nice

Back
Top Bottom