Fuel Additives

Today i had a rather smile bringing result with some fuel addative my fuel light was on so i went to tesco and put £20s worth of super unleaded in (99 ron claimed ) i needed to pick up somethin from halfrauds so as an impulse buy i picked up some NITROX HOT SHOT . Got back to car immediately poured it in the tank and had a slow drive home, after my mrs gt out the car i preceeded to Fucking hammer it down some back country roads :D and i was actually shocked at the difference it made to the pickup and how it went through the revv range got to a ton in 4th at about 5500 revs :eek::D Which surprised me, unfortunately i had to back off at this point due to a tight bend so i am intreeged what i can get out of it as the most ive had out of it before is 118 in 5th (only 1.4). i have to say though i didnt expect the addative to do owt atall realy as it was just an impulse buy.
Anyone else had any immpressive results with addatives please tell

do you always use 99'? i ve heard fuel treatment on our cars don't do much as there self-cleaning any ways. not sure if that true, must have ready it somewhere. with any of my old car ive always ran it down to the fuel light then put the lot in.

i think they do work on high mileage cars

do you always use 99'? i ve heard fuel treatment on our cars don't do much as there self-cleaning any ways. not sure if that true, must have ready it somewhere. with any of my old car ive always ran it down to the fuel light then put the lot in.

i think they do work on high mileage cars

most of the time i put super unleaded in, and my car is probably in the catagory of high milage 121729 on the clock.

If you want to do anything at all, buy Wynns Fuel Injection Intake & Carb Cleaner, get a load of that in the intake, buy a bottle of Redex and pour the lot in with about £20 worth of fuel, and then give the car a good service. Even then you can be sceptical as to whether you've made much difference.

At a RR day years ago at Noble's in Chesterfield a guy put 99 Ron in his Gti and a fuel additive and the RR operator said it was running far too rich which resulted in a reduction in power.
In fact it was Jez Gti who's Gti is now turbo'd and owned by Ragt20.

like i said though i did notice a difference and its not that i fell for any gimmic as ive always laughed at things like that it was just an impulse buy and partly hoped if anything itd help clean the fuel system as ive ran on the lfuel light way too many times in the past.
but one thing can be said though those tests were done on a ROVER engine and on std unleaded. I was on 99ron with a NISSAN engine come on the jap has to be better.

At a RR day years ago at Noble's in Chesterfield a guy put 99 Ron in his Gti and a fuel additive and the RR operator said it was running far too rich which resulted in a reduction in power.
In fact it was Jez Gti who's Gti is now turbo'd and owned by Ragt20.

fair doos maybe i just felt the placebo effect and fogot how much fun hammering it was lol

If you have a knock sensor it will have made a little difference, if not then you have gained nothing except maybe taking a little life out of your oil seals.

Back
Top Bottom