Ga16 -> sr20ve swap difficulty

Greetings guys!
Im Mario from italy, i always loved almeras, but here in my country are more rare than a ferrari.

Im thinking to buy one and swap a sr20ve on it, i will be the only in italy and i'd love to see some crazy faces on our trackdays that are dominated by hondas.

Almeras Gti here simply does not exist so i was thinking to get a ga16 one, but actually how difficoult is this swap? What i need and what i should do apart engine, transmission, drive shaft and ecu?

Thanks in advance

You will need an engine engine (either sr20de or sr20ve), a gearbox (rs5f32a or 32v will do sr20ve and sr20de) and driveshafts to suit whichever gearbox you use, Gear selectors from GTi, exhaust manifold, You will need the engine wiring loom, ecu, air flow sensor, radiator possibly.

Other things like power steering and alternator as well as associated fluid lines for power steering pump.

Stuff like brakes would be worth changing as well as anti roll bars from a GTi..... So basically you would be better off trying to source a donor car first

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You will need an engine engine (either sr20de or sr20ve), a gearbox (rs5f32a or 32v will do sr20ve and sr20de) and driveshafts to suit whichever gearbox you use, Gear selectors from GTi, exhaust manifold, You will need the engine wiring loom, ecu, air flow sensor, radiator possibly.

Other things like power steering and alternator as well as associated fluid lines for power steering pump.

Stuff like brakes would be worth changing as well as anti roll bars from a GTi..... So basically you would be better off trying to source a donor car first

Thanks man
For the handling dont worry ill will mount coilovers, aftermarket sway and strut and the s14 4 pot brake.

Im concerned more about engine loom, it's a straight fit paried with ecu and engine?
For other things is not a problem if they fit without custom work like welding

If you use all the parts listed then you shouldn't need to weld anything as it should all bolt in place. Which reminds me, you'll need engine mounts for n15 sr20 also.

For engine loom and ecu you will most likely need to get the ecu, loom, NATS chip and NATS chip reader from a GTi which all were removed from the same vehicle so as to operate correctly or else get the engine loom from a GTi and then de-NATS your ECU which one or two people on here are able to do

Buy a cheap gti here, fly over and drive it back, have everything you need then and an epic road trip to boot.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom