Gearbox compatibility.

Quick one as I'm still desperately looking for a gearbox.

Will the 1800 and 2.2d boxes fit my 1500 phase 1 N16 if I change the bellhousing? is it just a bolt on bellhousing?

Pretty desperate now as a sunny window smashed earlier so I get a bit cold at night!!

Diesel box's look doubtful however a box from a 1.8 MIGHT fit however if it does the gearing/ratio's will be away to fuck cos of it being paired to a 1.5 rather than a 1.8

Look on the bright side, you'll probably have a higher top speed, if you can reach it... :cool:

The 1.5 is quite torquey anyway so prividing it fits, it could be a nice upgrade.

Doubt you'd pull in 4th or 5th if it was longer, 3rd will do 95 on the normal 1500 box.*

*on private roads, obviously.

I'd have thought it would be far easier and cheaper to find a 1.5 'box, surely there are a lot more of them around?

Just done a quick search and found that the 1.8 in the US has Variable valve timing and pushes around 126bhp. Suprised that no one on here has a capable 1.8.
Get that VVT on mate and you'll be sorted.

Dale said:
Just done a quick search and found that the 1.8 in the US has Variable valve timing and pushes around 126bhp. Suprised that no one on here has a capable 1.8.
Get that VVT on mate and you'll be sorted.

The N16 1.8 (QG18DE) also has NVTC (Nissan's Variable valve Timing Control technology). For some reason over in the US it produces 126bhp, whereas in here is something like 112bhp :confused: :confused:

Can't find a 1500 box anywhere still :( thinking about having mine reconditioned. Ideally though I wanted one that wouldnt go again.

GOT ONE. from an 05 plate car with 9k on the clock.

Will buy as soon as someone can confirm the P2 boxes fit the p1 cars.

Schnakey said:
GOT ONE. from an 05 plate car with 9k on the clock.

Will buy as soon as someone can confirm the P2 boxes fit the p1 cars.

Mine's is off a p2 car and it works fine

Like i said the p2's gearing is different from the p1's but other than that it'll fit

Back
Top Bottom