Gearknob

• Thread starter Thread starter Falcone
  • Start date Start date
F

Falcone

I am looking to get a Nismo gearknob for my N16 almera but how do you go about removing the standard one, is it as simple as unscrewing it? as i have tried that and it won't budge.

Thanks in advance.

This is possibly quite useless but my N15 gearnob was glued on and screwed on (japanese efficiency!) so i have to rive it off with a wrench which obliterated the old nob, like i said it was a N15 but im sure it'd be the same? dont quote me though..

Yeah, mine screwed off with some minor brutality. But i think they glue them too, just to make sure.
Try a strap spanner (the ones for removing oil filters) or anything to turn it a bit and break the glue.
Pliers, mole grips, stilsons, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, grinder or acetalene torch should do the trick.

(Joke, by the way. :P )

(pliers won't fit. :lol: )

i cut my rubber actual standard gear knob off and then burnt the rest off, probably not the most efficient way but it worked

Didn' have any problem with that just screwed it off and the whole thing came out nice.
It was fitting the new one that was the problem.

shakey said:
i cut my rubber actual standard gear knob off and then burnt the rest off, probably not the most efficient way but it worked

:eek: LMFAO, I really was joking!
I lose my patience easily though, so if mine hadn't have screwed off i'd probably take a sledgehammer to the bastard!

Cheers for the advice guys, much appreciated! Now where is the sledgehammer?

Heh, very funny seeing how many threads cover how to remove your gear knob :rolleyes: Although I'm sure I've been guilty of not searching before...

Anyway, I've just been informed by someone that Nismo dont make a gear knob for cars with lift and reverse (and has left me gutted), ie, my 6 speed diesel has lift for reverse right of 6th gear. Same layout as a Skyline GTR. Can anyone confirm this please?

Back
Top Bottom