Giacuzzo on my yet to be N16

edk

Addicted to Torque
Staff member
Where to buy Giacuzzo?

I'm changing my current N16 1.5 Activ to a N16 facelift 2.2 DCi SXE and am looking to get body kit for it. Does anyone know the best way to get hold of Giacuzzo kit?

Best I've managed is this site:
http://www.bogysoft.de/shop/index.php?cat=c8278_Almera.html&XTCsid=7febpo7faecgpfgqb04a9lvo46

But alass I don't speak German so going through the sign-up, register and buy stage was more than tricky lol. I'll give them a call, worth a try, but if anyone happens to know a way to source it through the UK (a UK retailer perhaps or even some garage that is very resourceful?)

Thank you in advance, hope someone has ideas!

I seen it. not too keen on it. just thinking why you want a diesel? I would rather get the 1.8 SE model or 1.8SVE as it uses the QG18DE and some SR20 Parts fit onto that and also you can get a turbo manifold for it :)

Darren198712 said:
I seen it. not too keen on it. just thinking why you want a diesel? I would rather get the 1.8 SE model or 1.8SVE as it uses the QG18DE and some SR20 Parts fit onto that and also you can get a turbo manifold for it :)

Id rather have the derv as 118bhp froma 1.8 16v is hmm wank!

That kit is pretty cool actually. I still prefer the msdesign for the p1, but that one isn't bad at all for the p2. I wouldn't use the rear spoiler though.

p.s. I'd rather have the diesel than the 1.8 too.

id have the diesel over a 1.8 and i drive a 1.8. lol.
the 2.2s 136bhps are quick cars. i have only driven one 1.8 that i thought was any good and it was a demonatrator we had at work a couple of years back, it was strangely fast as fcuk compared to others. dunno why, just the way it was. it was an SVE iirc, not that that makes any difference.

to be honest, i wouldnt pick an n16, the n14 pulsar GT-R was amazing, the n15 GTi is pretty good then they just make it bigger, fatter and slower, it's a shame because it's a nice looking car as well

I'm going for the diesel cause at the mo it's right for me. Insurance isnt as bad as an N15 Gti and sticking a turbo on a 1.8 N16 Ive heard is not reliable, not the mention fuel consumption and insurance for that!heh With the 2.2 DCi, it's 136bhp has got decent enough performance for me, especially with it being a lot faster than my current 89bhp N16 :D

I guess theres always a BMC CAI I could add and upgrade the turbo charger later if need be, and hey, if more money comes my way then I could swap the diesel engine right out for an SR20!

Yeah the spoiler on the kit isnt great, but I'm going for the front and rear bumpers. It's just a case of getting hold of the damn things.

eak said:
if more money comes my way then I could swap the diesel engine right out for an SR20!
I would stick with the diesel rather then swapping a SR20 into a N16 as its a big job (electrical wise) SVE has climate control as well as satnav. if you want to swap a SR20 into a N16 the best option would be a 1.5 S model (basic) it has no climate control so wiring is less of a problem and if your worried about braking its not a problem as the N16's (ABS) uses the same/similar braking system as the Primera GT and S13 (280mm discs which are bigger then the N15 GTi)

Discs and pads (front and rear) on a N16 are the same on the Primera GT and S13 the caliper should be the same but not 100% sure

(Primera P11 114 (SR20) is the best swap over to the N16 and and N15 GTi Driveshafts)

GTis come with SR20s already installed.

I think that the move to the diesel is a good one mate, from what I have heard they are by far the better of the N16 engines. si2001 has a TDi or DCi, cant remember at the moment, remapped for many horses.

Just a warning that the turbo on my DCI 136 has started making a whistle noise after 47k miles. No effect on performance, and my local garage cant find anything wrong with it, but it aint a good sign.

Cheers for the advice guys.

I've found references to Giacuzzo on this forum where people have put it on their N16's before, but they live in Germany! So it'd be easy for them to get hold of it :/

Time to learn German I guess :D

jonnyboy88 said:
Just a warning that the turbo on my DCI 136 has started making a whistle noise after 47k miles. No effect on performance, and my local garage cant find anything wrong with it, but it aint a good sign.

This is the beginning of the end for your turbo im afraid. bits crumble off the turbo rotor, and it creates a whistling noise. Done LOADS of these on xtrails under warranty

Liking the Gia Cuzzo Kit there however if you are gonna fit mesh on the bumper then i seriously suggest fitting black mesh as i reckon the kit looks cool pending on what colour the car is...

A dark colour like Black, Grey, Blue or even Green will make it look nice - any light colour like white or red will make the front part stand out too much i reckon... Like Steve-o says subtle and smooth is the key for the N16 as it doesnt look remotely like its a JDM car even if you've been playing with mercury...

Back
Top Bottom