Got the coilovers!!

kia_tat said:
those instructions for that say you should adjust the bottom piece to adjust height that means you have to remove it everytime you wanna adjuat it??? do you do it that way or using the spring???
Nope you don't remove it. Just undo the locking collar and twist the whole damper in/out of the lower mount...

You can just about adjust the ride height with the struts on the car still, with the top mountings loosened and the bottom one(s) removed then just screw the bottom fixing either up to lower the car or down to increase ride height. Its best to count the turns and do the same amount for the other side.

What damping setting do you run your D2`s at Mark?

rowdy-GTi said:
You can just about adjust the ride height with the struts on the car still, with the top mountings loosened and the bottom one(s) removed then just screw the bottom fixing either up to lower the car or down to increase ride height. Its best to count the turns and do the same amount for the other side.

What damping setting do you run your D2`s at Mark?
I don't even need to romove any fixings. I just slacken the locking collar away from the lower mount then twist the whole coilover in/out of the lower mount. You may need to use a scissor jack under the lower arm/beam axle to take the weight to stop the threads binding.

Mine are on arount 1.5 turns from firm I think.

markbuts3 said:
I don't even need to romove any fixings. I just slacken the locking collar away from the lower mount then twist the whole coilover in/out of the lower mount.

F*ck me I`m stupid .......of course you can do that! The coilovers will spin on the piston. :doh!:

rowdy-GTi said:
From the group buy mate. We need 2 more to join. £570 delivered.

Seems expensive,but not in the long run as you may buy some lowering springs and then aren`t satified with `em so get coilovers............ thats expensive!

would quite happily be one of the two remaining members of the group buy, but im still waiting for forum activation after nearly a month after sending my cheque away and numerous pm's :(

by the way, car looks awesome on the lower setting! a set of bigger rims would set it off nicely!

Paynee said:
would quite happily be one of the two remaining members of the group buy, but im still waiting for forum activation after nearly a month after sending my cheque away and numerous pm's :(

by the way, car looks awesome on the lower setting! a set of bigger rims would set it off nicely!

I will check with the Admin on the site to see if it is ok for me to send you the form and let you participate in the GB.

gary_yuen42 said:
I will check with the Admin on the site to see if it is ok for me to send you the form and let you participate in the GB.

i know the admin's on the site and i wouldnt see that as a problem given the state of the membership side of things, go right ahead mate.

Just to let u guys know that my car is lowered 100mm on 18's and I have found that the front splitter isnt really an issue, its the central engine support under the engine that catches the speed bumps for me! Had no problems with everything else.

After seeing that pic of urs on the std alloys I fancy going back to mine, lol

NeilSR said:
its the central engine support under the engine that catches the speed bumps for me!

same here lol, its only a problem when the springs build up some momentum...... boing, boing, boing, bang lol just gotta remember not to floor it down bumpy roads and alls cool :D

How do you not catch splitter?? Ive scraped mine a few times on a kerbs thats wernt that high!!!! Only on lowering springs, do have std 15s on tho...

Back
Top Bottom