GRP Parts, now available

kristian

AOC Trader
Right.. ive been a bit busy...

We all know these things are very hard to get hold of and with me being on the look out for sombody to do moulding for k-kustom on a permanent basis as there is such a need for some parts now.. Ive been let down again and again.. also some companies wanting such things as minimum orders of 10x and above etc..

This is not what suits us. I think there IS a demand for these but not huge waiting list.. more like a steady steam.

With this in mind weve got stuck in and started to fabricate these things ourselves.. Predominantly to reduce the weight of my Drag Almera to microscopic levels.. AND to enlarge to product range of the workshop..

With a little help from a person in the know ( Dave the canoe builder ).. Were rocking and rolling now, and ive been moulding pretty much anything I can get my hands on... Some side skirts in GEL can be seen on a few of the pics..

This is very tricky to achieve but with some practice and a few hundred in wasted materials.. We even Experimented with latex moulding and GRP on GRP.. Weve pretty much got it down now.

The Prices, Being honest here.. Are EXTREMELY over inflated for things like this.. 400 a bonnet in GRP is crazy.. Im looking to sell GRP bonnet skins for 150.. and full top and bottom GRP bonnets for 275 being a near enough direct fit..

With this a NEW avenue to our workshop Im trying to keep the prices as low as possible for the club..

These are only available here.

Available as of next week..

GRP 2-slat grill

and

GRP Open Grill( Lucino )

Supplied in Primer

Here are a few of the 2-Slat..

Its clear to see the details and shape are pretty much identical to the orignal.. We removed the thin vertical laites as can be seen.. for simplicity.. proving more cost and time effective.

dsc00405a.jpg

dsc00406wm.jpg

dsc00407o.jpg

dsc00408hh.jpg

The weight of this is a mere 194 grams in primer.. The Lucino type one is uber lightweight..

Im thinking around 50 each for these in primer delivered... thoughts?

Carbon fibre 2 slats and lucino style will be available.. Im making a 2-slat in carbon for myself but if sombody wants the Lucino style.. il happily make one.. obviously prices go up for this..

Now Bonnets..and other items

Ive got a K11 micra bonnet in Lay up now..Weve got 2x cars needing this at the moment.. This will be finished the beginning of this week..

Ill be on the Almera N15 bonnet middle week.. The moulds we are making for these items are GRP and CARBON Fibre compatible..

There are a few refinments to be made to these grills and alterations to the mounts will probably be changed are currently aluminium strips.. Id rather have a simpler GRP addition..

SO..

General thoughts on this and..

What are people looking for other than GRP bonnets as cheap as possible..?

Id be up for a bonnet at 275 ( I know thats just a rough price at the moment though).
Cant think what else could be improved with GRP, spoiler maybe? They dont weigh much to begin with though.

Weight Wise, bootlid would be quite massive.. Hence why im doing it. this is why ive built the GTIR / almera tailgate.. ( posted pics in my rides section iirc ) Lexan screen required to complete the saving.. a tailgate isn't far off the weight of a door..

..Wings arn't a huge saving.. Carbon wings would be impressive.. although more for looks than anything..

Thanks for the complements..

The only reason I didnt say bootlid was the security aspect, surely a GRP bootlid would be easy to break into? Thatd be something people would have to take into consideration

Great news, I imagine that a lot of people will want panels of basically everything that usually rusts.
What about rear arch overfenders?

just a quick question how will the grills ect mount> that front grill looks like just a cover.. no back or anywhere to attach the clips to? unless im missing it?

just a quick question how will the grills ect mount> that front grill looks like just a cover.. no back or anywhere to attach the clips to? unless im missing it?

Aluminium tabs.. Weve sent the pair off to be copied.. Ill be altering this at a later date.. but im happy with them for the time being..

Alu is light and doesn't rust.. also flexible for ease of fitment.

Great news, I imagine that a lot of people will want panels of basically everything that usually rusts.
What about rear arch overfenders?

Anything basically can be done..

I kinda dont really see the appeal of overfenders on the N15 as its got quite a fat arse as it is.. If you meant for de-rusting.. Id still go with a proper repair and repaint.

I have however moulded our k11 over fenders..

Could you do a GRP bonnet with a carbon skin? This i would like :cool:

This is how they would be done anyway.. not as the GRP bonnet with a CF skin.. but just a tissue matting backing to thicken it ip.. CARBON is Astonomical in cost in comparison to Glass of the same size. Imagine 18x times as much per m2

The underneaths are done in GRP.. with black resin.

the grilles look good mate. be interesting to see the things you can bring to the table now.

ps. pm me re splitter

Carbon bonnet be cool and defo the carbon grille!!

Well in time i suppose anything carbon fibre i will be chasing!!!! Get on with it!

could you do carbon rocker? sure i saw some somewhere, they looked mental, must have been in states.

Other than that, people i suppose would be after splitters and skirts that o dog were doing but cant seem to get hold of.

Oh wait my list would be:

Rocker if at all possible
VZR N1 spoiler
bonnet
grille either 2/3 slat or lucino depending!

All in carbon fibre...hmmmmm....DO IT!! lol

Deffo up for a GRP bonnet, pref with a naca duct and in BS7. No rush though, won't be needed until next year.

Back
Top Bottom