G's Vzr N1

looks like my original members ride thread for this mota didn't survive the forum crash...so restarting this..

not content with sticking a 20VE in the Primera, got myself a VZR last year, and now have just added to the collection, gone and got myself a VZR N1...
imported it a month or two ago, only just got it registered a couple of weeks ago as well...
comes with
Nismo suspension
Momo steering wheel
B&M short shifter
5Zigen catback
ecu has had a remap with daughterboard installed, not sure on power output at present, will get it dyno'd and mapped properly.
here are some pics...

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

quite a noticeable difference over the VZR in performance..

interior and engine bay...
DSC00503.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00511.jpg

really loving this car, is a proper animal, for a 1.6ltr car it is just amazing.

was trying some jdm stylee wheels , didn't go for them in the end...

DSCF2865.jpg

DSCF2866.jpg

DSCF2867.jpg

DSCF2868.jpg

DSCF2869.jpg

16" x 7 +38 offset, JDM split rims.. Make think it is Speed Star? RS-8 model.

if I do get em, colour change is also a big option don't think I am keen on the middle bit remaining black..

whatcha all think? any tips opinions?

went tango with standard wheels, with winter rubber on them

DSCF2870.jpg

DSCF2871.jpg

DSCF2873.jpg

DSCF2874.jpg

DSCF2878.jpg

this car is rubbish, trust me i've seen it in the flesh. you should totally get rid of it and sell it to me for a menial sum.

how's the old girl holding up with the commuting? managed to get the little rusty bits looked at?

your wish may come true, though menial sum it ain't gonna be lol...

yup the war against rust has started, got some parts of the N1 murderer, and plan is to get them fitted and sort out any on the car that won't be sorted by the replacement parts soon as this shitty cold weather buggers off

time to get some much needed work done, whilst I started on changing manifold...

time to get manifold off

DSCF4897.jpg

DSCF4898.jpg

old one off still need to sort out gaskets and as sump had to come off, not fitted replacement yet

DSCF4899.jpg

DSCF4900.jpg

spankly new sump

DSCF4901.jpg

rusty old sump...time to whip that off

DSCF4902.jpg

new sump on..

DSCF4903.jpg

removed the bumper to find the bar it sits on is rusty and so decided to go mad remove a few more things to sort rust

DSCF4904.jpg

DSCF4905.jpg

DSCF4906.jpg

always wondered where the slight oily residue from under the car on drivers side was from, found the culprit..

DSCF4907.jpg

wings off
any recommendations on what rust protection paint to use?

DSCF4908.jpg

DSCF4909.jpg

DSCF4910.jpg

DSCF4911.jpg

DSCF4912.jpg

DSCF4913.jpg

plan for tomorrow is to remove front suspension and also to remove wishbone, arbs etc to polybush as much of the front end as I can from the Kit I got a wee while ago lol

Good timing changing the sump. It wouldn't have lasted much longer. I use bitumen paint with a 1/4 mix of fresh engine oil as an old school underseal. Seems to be effective.

I got the sump a last year, but it was near the end of year, and since then either not had a weekend free, or with crappy weather had no chance to do anything

I used Black Hammerite behind the lights and on the Headlamp support bar and under the front wings. It's worked on my gate for 6 years so should be ok on the car. Then I used under seal on the cross member and inside the arches.

Back
Top Bottom