Hall of Fame

D

Deleted member 939

I'd like this not to become the overlooked idea it invariably will be, perhaps coz its not a good idea or perhaps coz most seem to.

Anyway, what does everyone think about a Hall of Fame sub-section? maybe under the members rides thread, where every so often the mods could add a locked thread containing an interview with someone with a pretty iconic car off the site, similar to the Car of the Month threads on the NPOC. All the mods would have to do would be email the hall of famer a set list of questions and them post them up with the replies and a selection of photos throughout. (again see the NPOC for the type of questions).

Thought of it when i heard people saying andrew smith is doing the uks first sr20de 5 door, when alot of people will still remember TIIEWL's before it was wiped out. Got me thinking that there have been some really nice cars on here (andy's flamera, rowdy's trackmera, the skymera counts i think!? and users like DBull, andrew smith, Naylor, Sparki Marcky, Whitey/stoob/nismo/always sideways cumulative GTi etc) ones that either try something different with styling, or push the boundaries of tuning etc, but once they sell up and leave people forget about them, whereas if there was a section dedicated to the best from the forum as and when they leave i think it'd be cool. Would be nice for new people to stumble into aswell instead of going in the members rides section and seeing thread after thread about deglobed, SSA header'ed GTi's.

It wouldnt be much work needed by a mod, just an email out to the owner or previous owner (i think most would be glad to be 'interviewed'?) and then pasting it into a thread and adding some pics, and it wouldnt be a regular thing, just something done when someone achieved something special.

Opinions?

Sounds great. Just hope ppl dont get petty if their car isnt accepted. For example my cars gone from a non kit ph1 to a resprayed full kit ph2 but im not sure its worthy of hall of fame even though ive spend a load of wad on it! :D Think it needs to be restricted for those cars that have really pushed the boundries, ppl with Gti-R/VVl/VE etc conversions, Or near 200bhp N/A SR20DE's. Also absolute minters, standard or even show car status.

Definately, I suggested something similar for the gallery section of the main site, but seeing as no-one ever changes that, it would be a good idea to have it in the forum as Kelv says. Also to lock the threads to stop endless pages of comments. 'Before' and 'After pics as well!

Would also suggest Darchitects monster VVL 5-door!

I'll take that as a huge silent 'no' from the mods then, excellent.
Progress indeed.

I think its a good idea, but this kind of thing is supposed to be sparki's doing, and gods knows when the last time he was even on line though..........

Is there no-one else apart from him? Im guessing its to do with knowing passwords to change the site and only he does?

Back
Top Bottom