Head/Tail Light Protecting/Tint Film

Used this yellow film on the fogs on the blue Si. Really good stuff, easy to apply, cut and stretch to fit. Thick and heavy duty and never looked worn via heat from the lights.. Also when you're bored, it peels straight off, dab of spirit to remove last bits of glue and good as new.

Hmmm. Tempted to just jump in and do the whole lot then.

Yellow headlights are legal in the UK but new MOT states tinting must not significantly alter OEM light characteristics.

So.. MOT/VOSA safe or not?

I've done my fogs on most of my cars with it too. I've taken it off my Almera because I want to JDM the indicators.

The MOT says that you can't have modifications to the lights so I guess it's a grey area. Mines never failed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think a better look could be achieved by seperating the lights and painting the reflector part yellow using the stained glass paint some use on cheap orange indicators. I'm doing it to a spare set of lights i have if you want to wait around for the results.

Reactions: edk
I've used stained glass paint on the outside in the past. I found it incredibly difficult to get a smooth and consistent finish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Finish is irrelevant when you are painting the reflector inside the light though

Consistent finish is key here with translucent paint, otherwise it can be thicker and darker in places.

-phone-

Yeah plus on things like indicators you just spray a good coat of lacquer on top and it's all smooth again.

Back
Top Bottom