head unit goes off!!

scott b

Where there's Pepsi, there's DEFINATELY Scott B
when i have my system turned up loud the unit will switch its self of this only hapen since ive done my install and added a MP3 changer and split charge relay for a fridge/spare battery but that shouldnt mater also the head unit seem to flash a bit more than it used to, any ideas?

i aint got a clue to be honnest

thanks

also the amp im running is only a 300 watt oine and the sub is rated at 900watt max also the door speakers and 6x9s are running of the head unit

ive also got another amp that im going to run the sub of 400WATT and ill then use the 300WATT for the 6x9s whats the best way to do this

NO its not losing its memory but after speeking to a few ppl they recomend taking the live feed directly from the battery

its the pish nissan earth they provide in the car loom... strap a cable onto the back of the headunit and earth it to the car body and that should see you sorted... the Primera has exactly the same problem !!

im going to put a wire directly from the battery for the earth and the live, cant do no harm now can it?

scott b said:
im going to put a wire directly from the battery for the earth and the live, cant do no harm now can it?

you'd be better upgrading the earth wire from the battery to the car chassis and then just running a shorter wire from the headunit to an earth point.... that way you're upgrading the whole return path for everything you have in the car

Back
Top Bottom