Headlight Assembly

Hia,

I'm new to all this but have exhausted all other practical options!!

My n/s headlight took a battering with some low flying debris on the A1 and is now pretty well smashed up and currently held together with tape. I need to get the thing replaced but wondered if anyone out there knows whether the headlight assembly will come out easily (ie by a number of easily accessible nuts/screws) or whether the front of the car has to be dismantled?

Actually, I don't know if mine is an N15 or an N16 but it was registered in 2001 and is on a Y plate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Pixie. :)

Its a phase 1 N16 then (phase 1 00-02 phase 2 02-07), headlight should come out on its own without the need to remove bumper. You may have to remove the indicator first as it clips into the headlight.... I can't recall all the fixing points on the headlight as I no longer have my N16 but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for that - you're a star. I think it must be a phase 1 N16, but I didn't know there was such a thing until tonight!!! |I've found on the internet that there was a recall on the N16 headlights but I think which mine being a 2001 registration, I don't qualify for free replacement headlights!

Pixie.

Yup it's easy - just remove the bulb holders from indicator and headlamp, unclip the indicator assembly (there's a big silver plastic clip behind it you need to squeeze) and slide it out forwards then remove the two (I think, maybe 3) bolts on the top of the headlight assembly and remove the headlight.

Two-minute job.

Back
Top Bottom