Headlight Cluster

Fitted my new lucas headlight's couldn't find depo one's localy . But WHAT a difference wiring must be twice as thick as nissan's an i can see at night which help's :)

I'll be honest i missed you saying things before whenever it was mentioned.

-phone-

Wasn't in doubt that you said it. I just missed it like a cunt.

-phone-

got my HID conversion done. This should be the first mod on anyones list.
My highbeams now only illuminate higher items but no further than the HID's. PICS to follow.

You realise the K means Kelvin and is the temperature (colour) of the light not the brightness?

So pop to the scrappy & pick up two light caps (caps you remove to replace bulbs) one light supplies two the same size & fitting. This way you can easily restore to road legal for MOT or if the plod kick off.
I used a 25mm drill bit & file to gradually increase WP_20131021_13_17_39_Smart.jpg the bore of the hole. Remember to keep it tight, water vapour could get in otherwise.
WP_20131025_13_33_06_Smart.jpg WP_20131025_13_35_56_Smart.jpg WP_20131025_13_36_21_Smart.jpg

The HID kit I got had grommets to keep everything sealed.

Well it being 6k will not make it brighter of dimmer. Just saying.

OEM Xenon tend to be about the 4600k mark.

The tricky part was getting the old block that fits on the back of the bulb & fitting the spade plugs into them & then getting all this inside the headlamp.
Next time i'm at Maplins i'll pick up some stuff to modify this - I worry about heat melting it all to shit.

The HID kit I got had grommets to keep everything sealed.

Well it being 6k will not make it brighter of dimmer. Just saying.

OEM Xenon tend to be about the 4600k mark.

Your right EDK - just checked my order - it was 5k SLIM fit with metal bulb base for better heat management. All kit was supplied enabled fit except the mentioned caps.

Colour temperature:

4300k - Crystal White

5000k - ICE White

6000k - ICE Blue

8000k - Aqua Blue

10000k - Sapphire Blue

Got metal cased ballast as it was noted in forums as best option.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271070398814?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Seems like a good kit. 55w is going to be nice and bright. I think mine is only 35w.

HID as installed to n/s wing. Lucky that my kit enabled me to unbolt a random unused bolt & mount it there.
The other side is difficult, remove the relay box (black) & reuse same hole....

Attachments

• ALMERA-NISSAN-SXE-HID-INSTALL-TO-WING.jpg
    ALMERA-NISSAN-SXE-HID-INSTALL-TO-WING.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 25
  • ALMERA-NISSAN-SXE-HID-INSTALL-TO-WING-CLOSE.jpg
    ALMERA-NISSAN-SXE-HID-INSTALL-TO-WING-CLOSE.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom