Hello from 1.5 SE N16 owner!

Hi everyone. I have just purchased a 2001 Nissan Almera 1.5SE. I drove one of these when I needed a hire car when they first came out. I have to say that I am pleasently surprised at how fresh my 93k example feels. It has all the gizmos and makes for a very comfortable form of transport.

Just one little thing. It got dark as I was driving home from collecting the car this evening. Does the digital display usually illuminate when you switch the driving lights on? Mine doesn't. :confused:

:)

Just wanted to say hi and would be grateful for any advice on the above 'digital display lighting' issue. :D

Thanks in advance.

Welcome,

i prusume a blown dash bulb is your problem, some1 with proper knowledge of n16's will be along shortly im sure

Yeah it should do. Probably a bulb needs replacing. The surround behind steering wheel comes of with only 2 screws, then another couple to remove the dial unit thing. You have to un-clip the wire harness thing, then you can remove it and replace the bulbs. I did mine and I know NOTHING about cars. Seriously not worth the huge charge from a garage.

oh and welcome by the way:)
erm, you know I think I just replaced them with LED's from ebay? I think the bulbs are listed somewhere in the haynes manual, or maybe the service manual?
Sorry can't remember exactly!

the bulbs should be very cheap from any car spares shop. the leds are nice but expensive. I hope this helps

Darren

Cheers for the info amd warm welcome guys.
Coming from a very heavy bmw 328i, the almera is a joy to drive. Yes, the 328i was faster but I got fed up with the tail happy rear end, heavy clutch, heavy gearbox, heavy steering and the 23-25mpg!

Just out of interest, what sort of mpg do you guys get, 1.5 in particular?

Welcome to the club.

You need 'T3 neo wedge' bulbs from autobulbs.co.uk or a similar place. The multi-function display takes 3.

Welcome to the club :)

You should see about 40mpg with the 1.5. That's what I got from mine when I had it.

Good stuff :) They certainly can be a very comfy ride, especially on long journeys.

Most of the N16s sold very 5dr 1.5 though :lol: I see them everywhere! If you mean popular as in fashionable, then yeah they havnt exactly got a good image. But I find that just means they surprise people when they drive them or ride in one :)

Back
Top Bottom