help.. collecting rubbish in sills

My N15 seems to like collecting mud, sand, leaves etc from the road in the holes underneath the door hinges on the sills, I have to clean them out every week just wondered if anyone has had this problem and have a way to prevent it happening as I don’t want the sills to rot. cheers

i think every one has the same problem mate its just 1 of those things. it doesn't stop it collecting shit but you could underseal the inside of the sill as fas as you can reach would be a bit of help.

yeah got the same problem but only with leaves, dont seem to notice mud and sand etc? when the weather dries up and the car dries out the underseal is definately coming out!! lol

the two screws that are underneath going into the sill, remove them so the arch liner has more space behind it this helped me :)

I clean that area out regularly along with the arches. If possible when its dry dry hoovering the crap out, failing that a long ice cream spoon does the trick!

legends cheers for all your help, i bought some mud flaps to see if it helps (it doesnt) but does keep the rest of the car abit cleaner

i get the same on ym primera, i just took the skirt off, wing off and arch liner cleaned it all and unsersealed it. i think you could do something to the same effect without taking the wing off tho..

Back
Top Bottom