Help - Indicators Not Working!

Hey guys,

basically was driving to work this morning and indicated left off the round about, next thing, the indicator lights on the dash stopped working and there was no clicking. The indicator still cancelled itself out, but i'm kinda worried now, looked at the fuse box beneath the drivers right knee and found a blown fuse (its in japanese, but its the one on the second row 3rd from the top beneath the abs one with a 7.5 amp) i stupidly took out the abs one and put it into the blown one, hit the emergency switch and still nothing, turned the ign to on and then indicated right, this worked ,but as soon as i indicated left, it blew this fuse as well.

what the hell is going on?!?! the left front indicator is a suteki vent as well if that makes any difference, waiting to get a chance to get a fuse now, duno what the story is! any ideas? all other lights seem to be working fine and dash board is ok as well..

PLEASE HELP! is there any other fuse i should be looking at?

all bulbs working fine, but i was at the hid on the left hand side the other night cause the HID bulb went.

all indicator bulbs are flashing as normal when i arm and disarm the alarm, just found another fuse blown, its the bottom one on the very right column (just above the spare ones)

can any one give me a picture of the fuse box cover (the one with all the writing of what the fuses are for, mines in japanese so i dont know whats what!!)

also, could it be a relay or is there a relay for the indicators?? as i said, its working when the alarm arms and the right hand side indicator worked until it blew when i switched it to the left indicator, any help much appreciated

also, the emergency switch isnt working either

HELP!!

I would use a bulb tester and test all the fuses and replace all the blown ones and replace the relay.

might be the relay but if its not the relay take all the left side indication bulbs out and test if the left indication on the dash flashes and click.

change the hazard switch, i had exactly the same on my old p10. same symptoms as yours, all the indicator wiring goes through the hazard switch, if the switch is duff then your indicators dont work

just a quick update, during work, i got one of the lads to buy some of the fuses on his way in, i had a look at the wiring in the engine bay for the suteki and made sure that it wasnt touching anything and shortening out. ( i had to cut the wire to fit the suteki as the bulb holder on the suteki was a different fit to the stock one on the car)

i changed the fuses and it seems to be working fine now (touch wood)

anything else i should look out for? also, does anyone have a picture of the fuse box cover (the one that tells you what each fuse is for) can some one please take a pic of this for me???

thanks for the help lads

Back
Top Bottom