HELP !!!!

Hey all,
Im new to this site and would like to contact fellow 'Mera drivers to swap tips etc.

I have an '05 plated SXE (1.8 16v) in Techno Grey. I have had it since new, but haven't done much to it.
Well, when I say I haven't done much I have added some ICE and changed the side repeaters (couldn't stand the standard orange ones!!!)

The ICE is okay, I have a Kenwood amp (1000 watt) and two 12 inch Audiobahn subs. Although, as the base units in newer cars cannot be connected directly to the amp, I had to connect the amp to the output of the rear speakers. This takes away alot of the goodness !! Is there another way to connect ?? HELP !!!
I have added a couple of boosters which help abit, but again it still doesn't sound entirely as it should.

Also, what other mods can be done to this model of car??

Answers/Tips will be greatly appreciated !

RedHP

1 you could cut the original facia and fit a single din radio to where you cd player is now

2 you could put the radio in your glove box like I have done.

To tell you the truth, im not very good at electrics. I have a built in Sat Nav/7 inch Monitor which has connections to various parts of the base unit.
Would your replies still be applicable?

Also, what is the best for sound deadening? I have used some black sticky stuff with foil (can't remember what it is called!!!) around the boot door. And also some cloth under the subs/above the spare wheel. Im still getting small vibrations from everywhere though !!

Thanks

RedHP !

To tell you the truth, im not very good at electrics. I have a built in Sat Nav/7 inch Monitor which has connections to various parts of the base unit.
Would your replies still be applicable?
ah in that case only way is to

put head unit in glove box
run new speaker cables for the front and rear speakers
replace speakers (and amp them if you wish)
get a small speaker and hide in some where (for the satnav)

Also, what is the best for sound deadening? I have used some black sticky stuff with foil (can't remember what it is called!!!) around the boot door. And also some cloth under the subs/above the spare wheel. Im still getting small vibrations from everywhere though !!

as for sound deadening I am using edead from ebay. its similar to what you described sticky rubber stuff with foil on it. with the edead you need to apply at least 2 layers for a half decent sound 3 would be better and etc. have you tried sound deadening the rear boot door and rear number plate.

I will certainly looking into having a head unit in the glove, thanks !

I have already applied the deadening around the boot door and number plate. Although, i may try the edead stuff, and apply another layer. Also the exterior door handles rattle alot too, so I may have to look into sorting those as well !!

Thanks for you help so far !

Is there any performance enhancing material out there? Cannot get mine chipped, as is petrol. So it looks like Im left with small amounting enhances such as exhaust, wheels etc.....!???

darren might have stripped his car out to fit audio, but dont ask him for advice to put the interior back, he's not grasped that yet lol

Is there any performance enhancing material out there? Cannot get mine chipped, as is petrol. So it looks like Im left with small amounting enhances such as exhaust, wheels etc.....!???

Redhp; I'm new here too, only became an AOC member this week, but after I paid the fee all of my performance questions are pretty much answered... The "private" threads cover everything including comprehensive articles on your options when it comes to handling or performance upgrades. They even rate most of the products that are available, plus there are also discounts available to AOC members which will prob repay the £15 membership fee in no time. I'd recommend becoming a member as you get an awful lot in return and I've not even read half of the threads on there...

darren might have stripped his car out to fit audio, but dont ask him for advice to put the interior back, he's not grasped that yet lol
lol the car is still stripped I am getting a price to get the rear seats and the A, B and C pillars retrimed in alcantara then I will put the panels back in and fit audio after easter as my student loan will be arriving.

I will certainly looking into having a head unit in the glove, thanks !
I can one made if you want?

there is some modding involved though e.g. cut the back of the glove box to get the radio in and running new cables such as permanent, Ground, AAC, illumination.

Dazza,
Whats your location, as I would love to see what you have done to your N16?
You could look at mine to remind yourself what a standard one looks like !!!!! He He

Dazza,
Whats your location, as I would love to see what you have done to your N16?
You could look at mine to remind yourself what a standard one looks like !!!!! He He
I live in Birmingham mate. all the interior is stripped and etc. my mod list is on my signature. I got stock audio at the moment can't wait for my next student loan so I can spend it on my audio install.

You've done all that on previous student loans??!!! They must have increased significantly since I was at Uni!!!
The next time Im down Brum, I'll PM you? Although, admittedly, I hardly ever go to Brum. If you ever decide to come across to Notts let me know mate !

lol the car is still stripped I am getting a price to get the rear seats and the A, B and C pillars retrimed in alcantara then I will put the panels back in and fit audio after easter as my student loan will be arriving.

I can one made if you want?

there is some modding involved though e.g. cut the back of the glove box to get the radio in and running new cables such as permanent, Ground, AAC, illumination.

Alacantara sounds like a plan mate but dont smoke in your car when its done as it will stink it out.

Back
Top Bottom