Hi all, Newbie here with Nats light question

Just bought my first Nissan Almera, 2005 1.5 petrol 5 door, 2 weeks ago.

I notice this morning after I locked and returned to the car that the red car symbol with a key through it on the dash was flashing. I had not noticed this before.

Is this usual? Should it flash when the car is locked? It was a slow flash, every few seconds rather than a rapid blink.

The car starts and runs fine and when running and indeed when the ignition is on the Nats light doesn't flash.

I didn't get an operations/owners manual and have so far only found an American version to download and so have had difficulty checking this point.

I have seen a post on this forum which suggests the Nats light will flash when the car is locked to deter would be thieves.

Thanks in anticipation of any help on this point.

Just bought my first Nissan Almera, 2005 1.5 petrol 5 door, 2 weeks ago.

I notice this morning after I locked and returned to the car that the red car symbol with a key through it on the dash was flashing. I had not noticed this before.

Is this usual? Should it flash when the car is locked? It was a slow flash, every few seconds rather than a rapid blink.

The car starts and runs fine and when running and indeed when the ignition is on the Nats light doesn't flash.

I didn't get an operations/owners manual and have so far only found an American version to download and so have had difficulty checking this point.

I have seen a post on this forum which suggests the Nats light will flash when the car is locked to deter would be thieves.

Thanks in anticipation of any help on this point.

Answer as above but I would just like to say what a well thought out, concise and well written post this is. Would that all the new visitors made such an effort. :)

Answer as above but I would just like to say what a well thought out, concise and well written post this is. Would that all the new visitors made such an effort. :)
Thanks Spook.

I guess you get out of Forums what you put in and the more info you give, the better chance someone may have a solution.

Yeah its just to say the immobilser system is active and working.
I have just joined this site as I bought a second hand Nissan Almera 2002 a couple of weeks ago.I have the same problem with the red flashing car, but straight away you gave me the solution. Many many thanks, Great Site. Naslaw

Back
Top Bottom