hid's

hi just been looking at getting some hid's for my mera gti and been told i would need to change my headlamps to projectors any1 know where i can get some or is this a load of crap?

If you're talking about the legal side of it, you're not allowed to fit HID's full stop. If you're talking about the functional side of it, a cheap kit from eBay will fit straight into your headlights. Now I've always wondered how likely it is that you'll get pulled for having HID's but a lot of people do it so it can't be that bad. Also you'll want to swap your standard bulbs in for the MOT as it will fail the alignment test with HID's in.

alot of my m8's have them fitted and they have never been pulled and as long as there projector headlamps and have a levelling kit installed i've been told they will get through the mot but i'm not sure

You can get projector headlamps from the US for the sentra, but you'll need a sentra grill too, plus they are for the US so they aim to the right hand side, don't know how that would work lol

i have a set of HID's but dont have the projector thingy that you're talking about.. i've had no problems with the law over them, but have replacted them while putting through the nct (mot)

you can get a cheap off ebay quite cheap these days and fitting them is quite easy, might be a bit time consuming.

would recommended getting the 8k or 10k bulbs as they would suit the best.

I've had them fitted for almost 2 years, never been pulled for them, and they've never said anythin when i've been pulled for winter spot checks. But as dub_almera says switch to normal bulbs when going for MOT. The levelling thing is only required if HID's came as standard on the car.

cheers for the help was just going by what had been said was guna go for an 8k kit found 1 on ebay that is only £70 for low and hi beam thought this was pretty cheap to be honest

i've been looking for some projector headlights as well just to freshen up the front but cant find n e.

dont want to have american lights just aftermarket lights for uk cars, would prefer like a black angel eye etyle but projectors..

alot of my m8's have them fitted and they have never been pulled and as long as there projector headlamps and have a levelling kit installed i've been told they will get through the mot but i'm not sure

projector lamps project the light better but it is still illegal to have them. you will fail a MOT with them. I got them and never been pulled.

I dont think there are projector headlights available for the almera pre 2003 unfort, iv been lookin also

I am not sure about that one. I know if you have HIDs on a N15 when your driving towards it you get stupids amount of glare and people flashing the high beam at you

is that on a phase one with the cut lense glass or clear p2 glass darren?
im pretty sure both

I seen subaru's (old shape WRX), Fiat Punto's, S13, AE86, Civic EK, Starlet that glare other drivers as well.

I fitted some on a Gen 7 Celica, Ford Focus, EP CTR and my car

and my car and the EP CTR (projector lamp has no/minimal glare)

The Gen 7 Celica has projector lamps but there is a piece of metal where the light beams and creates a reflection

Back
Top Bottom