How do you remove the standard cd player?

S

Sparky-marcky

Right a sure this is a dumb ass question for you's guys but how do you remove the standard Sony cd player to exchange it without damaging anything? :p

you talking about the HU, or a changer....
the HU is easy....two screws and a careful tug to remove the dash, and then unscrew the 4 screws holding the HU in place....

depends how its been fitted though Rag, if its behind the console then do it like above, if its been fitted normally fromt the front with a cage etc(thats how mine was) then you need sony keys to remove it, and you cant buy them anywhere, I tried :mad: , got some cable ties in the end, and shaved them down slighty to fit in, all youve doing is moving a peice of metal on the cage outwards(as it jams upagainst a bludge on the side of HU, preventing it from being slid out), once youve pushed the 'key' in you'll hear/feel a click, then the unit will slide out easy as pie

ok...thought all factory ones would have been fitted the screwed in method...odd....ya learn someit new everyday.... :)

yeah, coz the n15 was built in japan, they dont make radio's with the same FM freq's that we use, so the car comes over with no headunit in, and the dealer fits them, so it depends which dealer fitted it really, thats why they all dont have the same HU in, some have clarion one's in instead
same at my factory, if we build a japanese car, we dont fit a headunit, actually, theres a few countrys that dont get one, but reckon thats just coz theyre third world countrys and dont have radios lol

Cheers Steve a reckon you is probably right here, and yes I do mean the HE, I've noticed to small rectangular holes top left and right. So if I get something to fit in it should click and slide out eventually! ;)

Just as a matter of interest whilst your on the subject of the original Sony cdx HU, have these got pre outs for an amp ???

Back
Top Bottom