How good are the GTi tweeters ?

T

TIIEWL

Got the windscreen pillars from the GTi but unsure whether to fit them or not :confused:

The original tweeters are tiny so there's no way you could get better ones in there - if I 'upgrade' to an aftermarket set, the holes in the pillars become a bit redundant so should I bother with them ?

i got a set of MB Quart tweeters in the standard hole (and they aint small)
The tweeters that come with the car are mounted in a metle "H" shaped bracket (hard to explain) take that out and and you should be able to get a set in there (i got Just Ice to fit my stuff)
as for the standard ones, they are tiny and made by panasonic...
before i had all the stuff fitted, i had a Pioneer DEH-P8500MP HU running the standard speakers and i didn't think i sounded to bad for a standard set up, you could hear the tweeters quite clearly (not very loud tho)
but now i have fitted a DLS CA-50 5ch amp, MB Quart front components, MB Quart rear coaxals, 2 12" PG subs running off a CX series amp.....it now makes me realise that an upgrade in the ICE department is well worth it.
which actually leads me to a question for Naylor (sorry to crash your post TIIEWL) Steve, you have a (if i remember rightly) a PG.....whats it called, the processor thing that has built in crossovers and all other gadgets built into it.....could you shed some more light on this for me (if you can understand what the f**k i am talking about, lol)
is it worth me getting one? I',m not looking to compete or anything, i just want my music to be crystal clear. I lose loads of quality when listening to MP3's so i need as much clarity as i can
Cheers :)

you on about a TIDEQ mate?
a digital equaliser with one of the biggest spectrum's on the market, its quite good, infact so good Ive got one lol, you get a remote with it with 4 different settings, SPL, SQ, RTA and USER, you'll probs just need 2 though if not competing, they're a £1000 though, and thats if you can get hold of one, for some reason not many get shipped across here
you may want to look into something a bit cheaper
your mate from just ice will be going up to sheffield this sunday to compete, its at sourcesounds, which is a ICE shop, if they hold a comp the way turners did up here then there will be big savings in the shop and plenty of people to ask around(about 50 competitors so you will get unbiased reviews not buy this coz i make the most money on it answers)
maybes worth a look up

T11WEL, my focal tweeters were far to big to fit in the standard postions, so had to flush over the standard place with bodge and fibreglass, then mold a cup from my tweeters into the pillars, then trim them(or you could paint them)
if you are going to do this then have them at ear height, and facingeach other, making sure they are easily clearing the bludge from the speedo instruments, this gives a higher sounding 'stage', basically, they sound better

Cheers fella - will set about destroying the ones I've already got - might put the GTi ones in if I sell it without the ICE :)

Back
Top Bottom