How heavy is an SR20 engine?

I'm going to collect Garnz's SR20 engine today evening. I was just wondering how heavy it is?

Could two reasonably healthy lads get it into the back of a vectra with no fuss, or would i need some form of equipment?

hhmmm, if the boot of the vectra's quite high it might be interesting! not necessarily lifting it up, but into the car away from your body might be the hard bit, not droppin it on in the boot!

maybe i'm just a pussy though! lol

i can lift one in and out on my own without gearbox on

so i say you should be able to - im only medium build (bout 15 stone!) tis heavy for one

lifted one in easily with dan and he is a fanny (love you dan really) so yeah you should be able to ;)

Think there about 120-140kg without a box. 2 lads could pick that weight up easily enough but it's just awkward lifting an engine.

Take a van, then you can bundle it in alot easier.

A van is a good idea actually.

I still have the crate for my VE so it might be an idea to place the engine inside it first. Moving a cubic crate would be easier that an engine as its easier to grab.

Easy, I put SR20 in the boot of Mazda 323F with Simcard. If it's too high make some sort of steps (we used worn tyres and spare wheels) and lift it up step be step.

But make sure handbrake is on!

Easy, I put SR20 in the boot of Mazda 323F with Simcard. If it's too high make some sort of steps (we used worn tyres and spare wheels) and lift it up step be step.

But make sure handbrake is on!

Haha that were funny when the car started moving forward as i had one leg in the boot and the other out. We must have looked like the bloomin chuckle brothers...

Back
Top Bottom