How to get more base?

W

whitey

Hi

I dont know the first thing about ICE but I saw some 6x9's for £35. I realised the other day I need more base as I still have standard setup. Would I need to replace the Cd player (std Clarion) or could I get something cheap just to give it a bit more base and improve quality.

Dont plan on spending loads and wasnt sure if the 6x9s would do anything!

(Think this might prove i know nothing!!) :rolleyes: :confused:

if you want base the only way to go is a subwoofer.

a 10" active subwoofer should be enough to give the sound that "UMPPPF" you want.. they're not that expensive. and if you buy an "active" you don't have to worry about buying an extra amp or anything. just draw the electrical wiring and the subwoofer output wiring to it.

6x9 is ok, but they don't give that base effect i think you want.

pmsl @ EssNchill

dont get an active one mate, they shit, buy a seperate sub and amp package, they work much better, you can get a decent set up for around £300 that you will be able to take from car to car for ages
6x9's arent very good full stop, even worse in an almera, as you dont get any sound reflection off them as they point on the roof rather than a sloped rear windscreen

To run a subwoofer properly you'll also need a HU with pre outs, and will have to run new leads from those to the amp, and a large guage live lead to the amp also...

There are converters that will take a speaker output and make it suitable for a amp, but apparently aren't that good...

Also, some amps/active bass tubes have speaker level inputs...

the main reason why rca out puts are better than 'high level input's'(thats what its called when you use your speaker cables) is for sound reason, the sound is already amped after traveling through the speaker wires, than amped again by the amp, so you have twice as much 'noise'(bad signal)
whereas rca's dont go throughthe internal amp of the HU and go straight to your amp 'pure'
the second reason is most decent amps now dont have 'high level inputs'

also the higher the 'volt' output of the RCA's the better too, means the amp doesnt have to work as hard to get the wattage out

Back
Top Bottom