Ilsaw's QG18DE+T Dyno'd

L

llsaw

Engine not fully run in and rev limited to 6000rpm with 1.1 bar worth of boost. Power is measured at the wheels so assuming 10% tranny lost this equates to 298hp at the crank/engine. Torque is in kg/m.​
IMG-20120628-WA0001.jpg
Engine is a puny QG18DE running Borg Warner EFR6258 turbo with internal wastegate. Pistons are Ross forged and conrods K1 Technologies. Headgasket is Ajusa MLS. Engine is fully balanced and blueprinted. Cylinder head and main studs are ARP. Cylinder head is stock at this point. ECU is Autronic SM4​
More ponies in the magic hat to come..​

Thanks. I'm hoping to reach 320whp with water alcohol injection.

When I get the car back from my tuner. Lots of build pictures in my blog and here's an old picture
P1012406.jpg

No Sir. The Wilwoods work ok with my stock BMC with only a slightly longer pedal travel

Impressive - the N16/Sentra variant seems to be a lot more popular for modding outside of the UK eg, Canada, the US, Asia. Perhaps it's the saloon shape or the availability of the 2.5 Spec V parts ?

The N16 Almera is essentially the same car as the N16 Sentra except that the Sentra is a sedan and the Almera in hatch configuration. It is also the same car as the JDM G10 Bluebird Sylphy, N16 Pulsar/Sunny, Samsung Renault in S. Korea and USDM B15 Sentra give or take different engines, gearboxes, trims, etc. The basic chassis, etc are the same. The QG18DE is available in two generations/series for majority of Sentras/Pulsars/Almeras/Sunnys sold outside of Japan. Series One utilizes throttle cable and rather basic single stage valve timing control on intake cam while Series Two utilizes an electronic cable and claimed continuous CVTC also only on the intake cam. Series One has a black plastic cam cover while Series Two has an aluminium unpainted valve cover. I'll do an article on QGs one of these days for my blog.

Well if you read wiki there is also the QG18DT and QG18DEN as well but I have never seen this in wide circulation nor are they available in the chop shops in my country.

I wouldn't do any comparison. Every engine will have its strengths and weaknesses. The SR20 has a big advantage as it has lots of aftermarket support.

Back
Top Bottom