Imobilizer issues

Hi, My name is Jayne, I live in Spain and I have have a nissan Almera Tino which seems to have a mind of it's own. According to the garage it seems to have forgotten that key a supposed is to start the car, in fact it is more the car thinks that the key code is incorrect and the imobilizer thingy on the dash ( car with a key in it) is permantly on, had it grued to a garage and they recon the key and the car have parted company and I am likely to get the bill for their councilling sessions. can someone please explain to me what on earth has gone on and how it happened because my Spanish is dire and apart from wanting to rip the garage guys head off because he is making no sence I need a little sanity restored. I love my Tino but even I will be filing divorce papers on it let alone the key.

Not sure about the Tino's, but the hatchback Almera with that engine suffer from an issue where some wires get stretched and the key sometimes doesn't communicate with the immobiliser.

Here is an old post from a Nissan technician who used to be on the site;

The key is in 2 parts, 1) remote locking, nothing at all to do with the NATS system, 2) the NATS chip that controls the immob system.

If the vehicle locks unlocks OK the battery and the remote part of the system is ok.

As the NATS light stays on and the vehicle doesn't start this is solely on the NATS system as proved by the 2 fault codes P1614 and P1615.

P1614 CHAIN OF IMMU KEY
P1615 DIFFERENCE OF KEY

1614 means that the NATS IMMU can't see the key or the code that is set is damaged in some way. These is quite a common fault and dependsing on the age of your N16 this could be down to a poor connection to the SECU unit on the system from the NATS antenna. Nissan have released a technical bulletin for this fault and any dealer will be able to point you in the right direction. There is no need to replace the control unit unless there is a different fault with the unit But I would suspect to see P1610 and P1612 if that was the case.. The keys will have to be reprogrammed using the NATS code and that can be ONLY be done using Nissan Consult II, III or III+ The procedure quickdraw has stated above is for re coding the locking remote to the system and NOT the key.

Back
Top Bottom