Installation of Yatour mp3 player

Hi,

I've read a few posts on installing these things but still not 100% clear.
There is a red wire and a yellow wire on the Yatour device, and I assume I splice these into corresponding wires from the back of the cd player, but people have mentioned using a pink wire and I have two pink wires very close to each other coming from the back of the cd player. I do not have a multimeter so does anyone have a photo of which wire is the correct pink wire?
Also, do I need to disconnect the car battery before stripping these wires?

Hi,

I've read a few posts on installing these things but still not 100% clear.
There is a red wire and a yellow wire on the Yatour device, and I assume I splice these into corresponding wires from the back of the cd player, but people have mentioned using a pink wire and I have two pink wires very close to each other coming from the back of the cd player. I do not have a multimeter so does anyone have a photo of which wire is the correct pink wire?
Also, do I need to disconnect the car battery before stripping these wires?
Ok, got no replies so just went for it.
Followed a russian YT video.
Splice red wire to pink wire in corner of small connector in back of cd unit, and yellow (battery) to the yellow adjacent. The yellow I assume is to retain the Yatours memory as it can resume playback.
I did blow a fuse I suppose due to a dodgy connection, but replaced it, rewired and all good.
Next step is to dremel a hole in the back of the empty shelf below the cd so I can fit the yatours conector through it and stick it in there. Aux cable running up to my phone holder so I can feed tunes through.
So glad to have real music in the old jalopy, even if onlynmy left speakers work for reasons I can't figure out.

Attachments

• 3136e44s-960.jpg
    3136e44s-960.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom