Isofix in Almera (2005)

Discussion in 'Newbie Section' started by loreley, Jan 21, 2010.

1. loreley

loreley

Model:
    Almera
    Chassis:
    N16
    Hello! We bought a Nissan Almera in 2005 (3 door) , not sure if there are Isofix anchorage points - somehow cannot find them. Does your 3-door Almera have isofix?

2. edk

edk Addicted to Torque Staff Member

Model:
    SXE DCi
    Chassis:
    N16
    Hi and welcome :)

I had to look up what Isofix is so here's a link for anyone else who doesnt know and then might spot it on your car :lol: - http://www.britax.co.uk/safety-centre/what-is-isofix

Quite a few people have kids in the club so hopefully someone will know for sure for you :).

3. dmsteve

dmsteve

Model:
    gti VE
    Chassis:
    n15
    Since February 2006, all new car models must be equipped with the standardised ISOFIX and top tether anchorage points. From 2011 European regulations require all cars to adhere to this standard.

so before 2006 just pot luck if you have them i suppose

4. danredican

danredican

Model:
    SXe
    Chassis:
    N16
    Hi!

We're in the same situation - have the right holes in the seat, but the isofix "arms" wont lock onto anything. Can feel a metal bar, but that appears to be in the seat, and a bit too high (even when the isofix "arms" are raised slightly). Behind the seat, aligned with the slits are two holes in the frame...

Spoke to Nissan UK, and the dealership, about this; Nissan said "maybe", the dealership (Ancaster) said "No"

So we went for a maxicosi Tobi - seems to get the best ratings for a belted child car seat.

5. rowdy-GTi

rowdy-GTi Moderator Staff Member

Model:
    GTi
    Chassis:
    N15
    Just pull up the rear seat bench, you`ll soon see if it has it or not.

6. sportyblueone

sportyblueone

Model:
    sport
    Chassis:
    Not too sure about the 3 door,but my 5 door has tags sewn into the rear seat fabric saying "Isofix" so guessing mine has it and would assume the 3 door would have the tags too if it has.

7. Kiwibacon

Kiwibacon Guest

Anyone got a picture of their N16 isofix bar?

8. edk

edk Addicted to Torque Staff Member

Model:
    SXE DCi
    Chassis:
    N16
    I'm pretty sure my N16 doesn't have isofix. But mine is a three door. Could be as sportyblueone says a 5 door thing.

9. Kiwibacon

Kiwibacon Guest

It could also have been a dealer fit option. I was able to find in fast the ISOFIX mounts for the 4wd Y11. Looks like one bracket for the middle two clips and seperate ones for the outside. I just can't find my way around the UK fast version to see what the N16 brackets are like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice