It's all that Eds fault....

Have joined the soot blower club.
Got this dci SXE last weekend.

not a bad mota for the price, looks in decent nick, not running that great though.
Although sounds smooth enough, getting low 30s mpg, sluggish starting it a lot of times, and does seem to hunt a bit when on idle..and has airbag light flashing

so far checked the earth strap, and egr they are both fine, going through the fault finder thread..and will also do a full service once I get all the bits. also got the forte cleaner stuff on order etc..

is also a bit gutless, say cruising @ 70 on mway, put foot down nothing.. the N1 or even the 1.5 N16 responds better, so something defo not right

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401038977420.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401038977420.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 72
  • uploadfromtaptalk1401038997224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401038997224.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
When i first got mine i had the same problem. I took out the catalytic converter (just the insides) and it made a huge difference to power. The sensor is normally before it so its safe to do it.

Try a reset on the airbag light, might get lucky.

RESET METHOD:

If you have the airbag light blinking here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

Something definitely not right there G. Even standard you shouldnt be feeling indifferent about it's performance. Yeah do everything on that thread and if you're still having problems it could be more serious like faulty injector or pump but usually that would throw a light.

Service, forte derv treatment, wynns intake cleaner, free off sticky caliper and fit a panel filter.
Sticky calipers were losing me close to 5mpg!

Worth checking for any leaky boost pipes too. Could be a cause of poor performance.

Can you clean the mafs on these? Or are they subject to go worse if you try?

Can you clean the mafs on these? Or are they subject to go worse if you try?

It made a huge difference to mine when i cleaned the maf and replaced the broken earth strap.

flashy airbag light begone :)...took a few attempts, wasn't getting the timing right, was counting too quick finally managed to sort it with using the timer on the phone..doh...

couldn't get the SCV, ecu reset thing to work, even with using timer...couldn't do anything else, damn stoopid weather...

Welcome to the club glad ya finally collected her & hope the issues are easily sorted. As above EGR cleaner & forte made a huge difference to mine. Also when ya service make sure to drain water from fuel filter as previous owner probably didn't lol

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

flashy airbag light begone :)...took a few attempts, wasn't getting the timing right, was counting too quick finally managed to sort it with using the timer on the phone..doh...

It's all about timing Yo! :D

AdvancedSpec-CamPulleys-IMG_2917-600.jpg

hmm, interesting issue today, left work fine, about 5 miles down the road, come to a roundabout, all ok, go round the roundabout, hear a thud or a soft sorta noise and next thing I know, total loss of power...car just wouldn't go anything over 5-10 mph...

kept on driving for a bit to see if it would improve but nothing...so stopped on the DC, but thought better of staying there, so thought would crawl to the petrol station at the end of the road, about a mile away..

restart the car, and drives fine as if nothing happened, drove the rest of the 60 miles back home with no issues..

no engine lights or anything came up throughout this..

any thoughts?

When this 'thud' sound happened was there an instant loss of power as if someone just put on the brakes?

Yup...was weird..thud kinda noise and almost instant loss of power..

Fuel cut.

Might be a problem with the fuel rail pressure sensor, or turbo is overboosting.

Have you had a chance to service it yet? I have a OBDII fault code reader and a bluetooth version if you are going to be local this weekend could check if there are any fault codes etc?

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom