JDM Flares

NaylorGTS

AOC Moderator
since jdm is the buzzword again this year I just to use it a lot :lol:
Ive just got this today for her car

DSC00334.jpg

I can get them off a lad for £20, you think its expensive? I can get more if any one wants one.
Its a JDM flare for those who don't know, all JDM cars have the holders in them but you never seem to get the flare with the car.

heard about these things and there absolutely class.. wouldnt get one though cause i'm afraid one of me mates would just set if off! dont really need one but they are a class little mod lol

blackredtribal said:
What it like when it goes off? My mate has 1 possibly two with his JDM Supra

think its just like a normal flare lol.. red in colour afaik but could be wrong, came with all japanese cars as standard aswell and they fit right beneath the passenger side foot well on the left hand side

I don't know what flares do :( lol so they just smoke and light up and you can hold them? Or some kind of red light/smoke shoot into air? lol

blackredtribal said:
I don't know what flares do :( lol so they just smoke and light up and you can hold them? Or some kind of red light/smoke shoot into air? lol

think they were origonally used on the seas so that people could see them if they were having trouble, i think its like a smoke but it is like a light, if you set one off then it would light up a night sky. just spreads out really so that it covers a large area, like if you were in trouble at sea it would cover enough of an area to let people see were you are and try to help you. dont really know why there needed in cars though, unless these are weaker and just light up a little tiny area so if you stranded on a mountain road or similar people can see you without it spreading over the whole area

Yeah i think its something to do with Japan being so mountainous!

K33 ELV said:
Yeah i think its something to do with Japan being so mountainous!

thought you were being sarcastic there and i had just made a complete tit out of myself, geography isnt my strong point lol. anyway i looked it up and japan actually does have loads of mountains :eek: , always picture it as being built up and full of technology

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2122.html

Lol I read it in JTuner once, they mentioned the Skyline and the reason it was called that was that in the 50's it was designed and tested on this really mountainy trail in Japan where the road on the top was like driving on the sky line, and that mountains like this were all over the country! :cool:

Yeah it is in case you brake down in japan in the middle of nowhere,over here in europe we get the warning triangle,where's the fun in that!
I have one of those flares in my car,id never set it off some fellas go crazy for these as it's all part of the jdm look!!!

i have one its free to a good home...just send me stamped addressed envelope and a postal order for £100 to cover postage and its yours

i was watching a sea rescue program the other night and it mentioned how you could face a hefty fine if caught setting flares off, something about false calls to the rescues etc.

Back
Top Bottom