Just bought these

Looks great!

I was dithering on lowering my N16 but as the suspension has been creaking ominously for the past couple of days and it'll have to be looked at anyway I'm just going to go for it.

wraith0x29a said:
Looks great!

I was dithering on lowering my N16 but as the suspension has been creaking ominously for the past couple of days and it'll have to be looked at anyway I'm just going to go for it.

that is a common problem, from the front especially. watch what you are doing when you buy springs, this is my third attempt.

atempt 1 - Spax springs on original shocks - the top coils of the springs sat together and every time i went over a bump they knocked as they hit together. this was obviously no good, so i removed them and contacted spax, who refunded my money in full.

attempt 2 - PI springs on KYB Gas Shocks - with my money now returned i went off to buy a set of these and found some brand new gas shocks lying in the stores at work which had been somehow wrongly ordered for a car. anyway i fired them on cos the standard ones were a bit feked having done 49K and guess what it still knocked (same thing). so i contacted PI and they informed me (some w*nker on the end of the phone who knows f*uck all about anything) that this was in fact an "inherant characteristic of lowering cars" and that I should go ut and buy GARDEN HOSE (wtf?????) and wrap this around the spring to stop the knocking. Well i did this - cust slits in bits of hose and put them over the top coil of the front springs and taped them on with duct tape, but as i had guessed would happen the tape burst and after about a fortnight the knocking started AGAIN.

So in desperation i took the springs off and put the car back to standard :mad: and again got my money back, while at the same time delivering the full extent of how utterly pissed off i was to some poor fella in the shop.

So really it had to be coilovers for me, and so i started saving. i hear Apex kits are good, as are eibach springs with apex shocks or even i suppose your standard shocks, but for god sake dont ever buy SPAX or PI.

sorry for the ridiculously long post but i felt it was necessary :lol:

I had the exact same conversation regarding a customers civic on pi springs, was told to insert 2 rubber spacers between the lower 2 touching coils!!!! after telling him he was a twat i managed to speak to a top bod and get us and the customer a full refund and an apology. newer pi stuff for cars 2000 onwards is shockingly bad.

Well the creaking is on my back nearside and is obvious even when just moving about in the seat, no noise when moving though so it may be the brakes and not the suspension after all?

In any case I'll be going for Eibach Pro Kit springs which I've heard nothing but good things about.

Thanks for the tips, though - I'll keep the receipts!

wraith0x29a said:
Well the creaking is on my back nearside and is obvious even when just moving about in the seat, no noise when moving though so it may be the brakes and not the suspension after all?

In any case I'll be going for Eibach Pro Kit springs which I've heard nothing but good things about.

Thanks for the tips, though - I'll keep the receipts!

hmm have you got disks or drums on the back?

Damo-Sri said:
I had the exact same conversation regarding a customers civic on pi springs, was told to insert 2 rubber spacers between the lower 2 touching coils!!!! after telling him he was a twat i managed to speak to a top bod and get us and the customer a full refund and an apology. newer pi stuff for cars 2000 onwards is shockingly bad.

its a lot of bollox rly, i certainly wont be using their stuff ever again, their customer service is horrendous and their products well i suppose they speak for themselves. interesting that the bottom coils should knock, thats a new one.

Looking good mate - once my "proper" money starts rolling in i may consider this route as it would appear i'll be keeping this longer than i initially had calculated...

Good buy bud!! Let us know when you've got it properly honed in :D

TallPaul86 said:
Looking good mate - once my "proper" money starts rolling in i may consider this route as it would appear i'll be keeping this longer than i initially had calculated...

Good buy bud!! Let us know when you've got it properly honed in :D

go for it dont buy springs, it just isnt the same. what have you got on it at the moment? didnt you lower it?

StuN16Sport said:
go for it dont buy springs, it just isnt the same. what have you got on it at the moment? didnt you lower it?

Yeah - fuck knows what springs they are but they make a hell of a racket and they're red...

And thats all i can say about it... Frankly it's 50/50 whether the car will still be in my possession by the time i've saved for coilovers

TallPaul86 said:
Yeah - fuck knows what springs they are but they make a hell of a racket and they're red...

And thats all i can say about it... Frankly it's 50/50 whether the car will still be in my possession by the time i've saved for coilovers

exactly what mine did. wrap the top coils in insulating tape, or cut slots in pieces of rubber hose and place it over the top coils. this will stop the clanging for a while until it wears through. it would seem lowering springs and N16 almera should never be said in the same sentence, and im surprised no one on here has ever made a sticky about it of indeed it would seem to be a common problem.

Just looking back on this thread - i presume you paid the £755 Euro Performance were asking for?

Was on the MSW site (www.motorsportworld.co.uk) the crowd that are out in Strathaven and noticed they were selling similar for less!

Hopefully i haven't pissed you off by showing you this!!

Attachments

• kw thingy.JPG
    kw thingy.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 58
lol. welll look at that.

i managed to get free delivery, and i managed to get 5% off cos the fcuked ma about a bit and i moaned. but it is still a little cheaper yeah. ach well shit happens i guess. im just glad it isnt like 300 notes cheaper or something ridiculous like that. lol

StuN16Sport said:
lol. welll look at that.

i managed to get free delivery, and i managed to get 5% off cos the fcuked ma about a bit and i moaned. but it is still a little cheaper yeah. ach well shit happens i guess. im just glad it isnt like 300 notes cheaper or something ridiculous like that. lol
I am wondering if I can get them at trade now :p

Stu, how much would you be wanting for your old shockies, the fandabby ones you spoke to me on the phone about? Got me my springs now and came into a wee bit of money with a change drawer so thinking of getting shockies as well...

Back
Top Bottom