Just had my turbo replaced and now the i

F

Firestorm

Just had my turbo replaced and now the ignition is playing up. Seems the ignition is not registering the key or something as the little red key light on the dash in not going out and the car wont start.

Removing key and re-inserting seems to be working for now but for how long.

Not sure if its connected but the radio has also gone off a few weeks back but this is the first time the key has acted up

Any help would be appreciated as I don't want another large bill :confused:

IIRC its something to do with the wires in the steering column.

Edk had this issue on his old one, he may be able to shed some light.

Aye i had this. Very annoying as u know! Its because the wire connecting the ring aerial was made too short and gets pulled /vibrates away. If you can get in there and re-solder and lengthen the wire you'll be sorted :)

-phone-

Oh and removing key and inserting again worked for me but not always. Its pot luck if you manage to make the wire connect again. Once it left me stranded before i learnt what was causing it. Giving the key a wiggle helps too until you can get the soldering iron or crimps out.

-phone-

Aye i had this. Very annoying as u know! Its because the wire connecting the ring aerial was made too short and gets pulled /vibrates away. If you can get in there and re-solder and lengthen the wire you'll be sorted :)

-phone-

Thank you for the info...

Can you show me on a photo or a diagram where I need to look/solder please

Sure. Ill need to check when i get home later tomorrow.

Can someone furnish this chap with a copy of the FSM please?

-phone-

Thank you for the link :Thumbs: I am downloading the CD Zip for N16. Hope that's what I need

Back
Top Bottom