Just to say hi, I'm a newbie. Is my Almera a vvt or not???.

Hi, I have had my Nissan Almera se 1.5 for about a year now and love the car, it only has 60,000 miles on it and recently started rattling and I have put it down to the timing chain. I put it in the local garage and two weeks later they hadn't even ordered the parts so I'm going to get on and do it myself. One thing I am struggling with is I don't know if it's a vvt model or not as I need to know this for which parts to order. If anyone could advise me and what other parts should I buy as well as the kit before I start.
I am quite handy round an engine so I'm not too phased about doing this job, I could just do with any info anyone could give me for help.

The later models (facelift with dark single-piece headlights) have the VVT.

Power wise the VVT models also have 72kW instead of 60-something kW iirc.

EDIT: And well, the best visual sign is that the VVT models have a "beer can" on the intake sprocket instead of just a plain sprocket.

The later models (facelift with dark single-piece headlights) have the VVT.

Power wise the VVT models also have 72kW instead of 60-something kW iirc.

EDIT: And well, the best visual sign is that the VVT models have a "beer can" on the intake sprocket instead of just a plain sprocket.
Hi and thanks, I have found out now that it's not a vvt model but I have been checking out doing it myself and feel it is above my knowledge and the cheapest quote I've had is £950 so I'm not going to bother and I will just have to find another car. Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom