K-Sport brakes: any good??

Unless I did a wrong search, I couldn't find anything on K-Sport brakes on the forum.

Does anyone have any experience with these??

I have on my car D2R 8 pot 330 mm front big brake kit, what is the same as K-sport. I´m really satisfied, can´t say anything wrong of these brakes... They seems to be very good copy of AP racing brakes :)

Wow, 8 pot..... That is some serious braking power.

Thanks for help guys!! It shows that this forum really helps other people out.

From what ive seen teh k sport 8 pots are very small pistons, say a cm across if that, thought the idea of hydraulic was small supply into large cylinder means looooads of power, small pistons means less power, maybe the reason they are better is becuase they are pressing teh pads against the disc more evenly and from both sides and not relying on sliders on a single piston.

If im talking rubbish correct me lol.

Whats the braking power like?

From what ive seen teh k sport 8 pots are very small pistons, say a cm across if that, thought the idea of hydraulic was small supply into large cylinder means looooads of power, small pistons means less power, maybe the reason they are better is becuase they are pressing teh pads against the disc more evenly and from both sides and not relying on sliders on a single piston.

If im talking rubbish correct me lol.

Whats the braking power like?

the braking power of those brakes is great... you can´t compare to OE Gti brakes, this is much higher league...

330mm 8 piston brakes on an N15... by checking the other photos, the car might have about, 190-230 horses? if it's also a turbo, then more of course.

Except if it's instead an SR20VE, where it would have 230+ horses with those parts.

Though, the 3 most basic and 'first to do things' on a project car are brakes, suspension and the chassis, then there's the bearings and bushes, after those would be the engine because everything else is ready for it, though the engine is far cheaper than the stuff done before it (if done in this order)

There's also air conditioning, cooling system, distributor, water pump, gas pump, injectors, MAF, intake, exhaust, clutch and tons of other stuff + all the 'exterior look mods' you want to do.

*Edit : 7 years have passed from the first comments... yeah...*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom