Lag in acceleration

Hey guys :)

Just wondering what could be causing a lag in acceleration between 3 and 3.5 thousand revs? It feels like I'm taking my foot on and off the throttle every second (kind of a very dampened kangarooing).

It's amplified in 5th gear when on motorways etc...it's all fine below 3 thousand and above 3.5 I've run injector and valve cleaner through, only use higher octane petrol, new ht leads, and got some new iridium plugs still to fit. Personally I think it need new plugs....

What does everyone else think?

Thanks,

Rach.

Theres a dip in torque between exactly between 3 - 3.5k rpm - don't know if its anything to do with that ? Its quite noticeable on a graph if you have had your car power tested.

DevilMan said:
Theres a dip in torque between exactly between 3 - 3.5k rpm - don't know if its anything to do with that ? Its quite noticeable on a graph if you have had your car power tested.

Oh ok maybe that's it then, thanks Devilman...thought something was wrong with my car! Don't suppose there's anyway to get rid of this?

Rach

gloves86 said:
Oh ok maybe that's it then, thanks Devilman...thought something was wrong with my car! Don't suppose there's anyway to get rid of this?

Rach

yep - fitting a turbo should do the trick!

renton said:
yep - fitting a turbo should do the trick!

haha ok think I'll deal with the lag ;) don't think my insurance company will love me anymore if I do that! It's tempting, as turbos are coooooool :cool:

Thanks for the advice though :)

Rach

the power dont kick in until about 3500 and 4000 but mine dont "kangaroo", i wouldnt say plugs as it wouldnt fire properly, id say change your fuel filter to rule that out

rhyd4 said:
the power dont kick in until about 3500 and 4000 but mine dont "kangaroo", i wouldnt say plugs as it wouldnt fire properly, id say change your fuel filter to rule that out

it's not the same kangarooing as when you take your foot on and off the pedal quickly, it's more just like you can feel the power drop then pick up again every second or so until your past 3.5k revs...it's hard to describe it really!

Will change the fuel filter, needs doing anyway along with the oil one when I get chance.

Rach.

i know what you meen it seems like its holding you in the chair instead of going forward. mine was like it until i did a minor service, oil/filter, plugs, leeds, fuel filter and cleaned the piperx

give the car a damn good hammer and make sure the spark plug leads are securely fitted in the top of the engine and the distributor

my GA14 has a lag betwee 2k and 3k. never used to be there and it's gotten worse over tha past few months. I reckon there's a leaky gasket/seal on the inlet side somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom