Looking 4 my 1st GTI

D

DIMOND

Hey guys, looking to buy my 1st almera gti a.s.a.p and from what i've read in the forum so far i'm not gonna regret it!!!!!

Hi welcome to the site!

Ebay has loads of Almeras, just be careful as to which you get like any car

1st GTi

Hey Dimond,

I had an SRi for the last 4 years, but sold it last weekend & bought my 1st GTi yesterday!

I found it after searching ebay & autotrader for the last few months: Got a guy (Greg the Surrey boy) to take it off ebay for a fixed deal. The new car is mid '99 T reg, 32000 miles and immaculate: a real treat. I travelled from Wick (near John O'Groats) for 16 hours by bus into central London overnight on Friday: Met the guy at Victoria Street bus stn (behind Buckingham Palace), paid the cash and jumped in the 'mera: drove back home in a 10 and a half hour stint: Worth every minute & every penny! What can I say?

Go find a GTi (or an SRi) that meets your money and age / mileage wants & have fun...! There's a good R reg low miles (37k I think) on autotrader right now. Fine red paintowrk for 2300 squids or so: just came on today.......

Yey, another person from Cardiff.

If you can afford the insurance best get a GTi but 2nd best go for the SRi and then change to a GTi in the future like some others on here have done. I could not find any SRi's/GTi's in South Wales so had to travel a little to get mine when I got it in September. Luckly I found a mint condition SRi in Bristol so wasnt too far.

Not worried about any distances for the right car! Sounds like such an adventure p624!!!!! Glad to hear from a fellow welshman on here too, somebody to help me gloat in our long awaited rugby success!!!lol!!!

But am definately gonna go for the gti model(no disrespect to the sri) just not sure which 1???

Any major differences between phase 1 and phase 2 models?

I advsie getting a GTI from the forum in the for sale section, Ebay is a bit too much of a gamble. Get a phase 2 the have a rear mount ariel, standard bodykit, masked headlights, white dials, AC, smoked backlights,digital milometer etc

DIMOND said:
Any major differences between phase 1 and phase 2 models?

the differences are =
different style of body kit
crystal front lights
different rear lights
white instrument dials
sun roof as standard
air con as standard
bee sting roof ariel
door bumper strips
rear number plate recess
roof lining cream instead of gray
different front grill
& the last lot of phase 2's had side air bags thrown in too
:)

enjoy your stay you'll find a fountain of knowledge regarding the almera on here ;)

GTi said:
& the last lot of phase 2's had side air bags thrown in too
Not to forget rear pre-tensioners aswell ;) . I think thats it all covered now.

lol you aint got rear seatbelts mate ? thought you had to have them on all seats front & rear by law ? :confused:

DIMOND said:
Glad to hear from a fellow welshman on here too, somebody to help me gloat in our long awaited rugby success!!!lol!!!

Not Welsh (originally from the other side of the border), just live here now. Therefore i am unable to help you gloat on your win i'm affraid lol. :D

That red one for sale above looks like a old members. You'll get a good car there if its the one i' thinking about.

I'm very interested in mick's i have to say, but there are lots of other nice 1's for sale too! Red wouldnt be a favourite colour option of mine thats the only problem with that 1 on autotrader guys, but thanks for pointing it out to me!

Does that mean i'm the only welshman on here?????

Back
Top Bottom