LOWERING SPRING QUESTION

Hi, just ordering myself to lowering springs but currently don't have access to the car. Can anyone with a 2001 N16 almera non-diseal, tell me what their rear spring size was? 69mm or 79mm

x

Hey, I believe the H&R springs I have on my 2000 N16 are 69mm. I think the 79mm ones are on the diesels.

Hope that was useful :thumb:

Can I add to this thread?
How much is it sensible to lower a car which is still a daily drive? i.e. a car which commutes 60 miles a day? Obviously I still need to retain a certain level of comfort, however I would like to get it down of it's stilts if you get my meaning. I already have a strut brace, so some eibach springs would be my next purchase, or any other recommendations you guys have?

im in the same sitaution jaggs, im looking for springs but i use my for a work vehicle too... im looking at 35mm, it will be noticable but will still have enough clearance to make it comfortable and miss the bumps. Obviously we'd all rather have coil overs but they arnt cheap.

On Eibach Pro springs (35mm drop) there was no noticeable loss of ride quality on my old N16, a subtle drop and a noticeable increase in handling quality. No problem for a daily driver, I'd say though 17" wheels do make the ride a bit rougher.

OK, interesting. I'm running 16" wheels so hopefully it shouldn't be too rough. Even with the 'impact crater' size potholes around Bedfordshire at the moment. I think dropping 35mm with a strut brace on 16" wheel sounds like a plan!

Thanks.

Just get decent springs with progressive compression (the more they are squeezed the harder they get) and you'll be fine.
I know Eibach are progressive, just check if you're getting something else.

Know what you mean about potholes - they are evil round here and I'm on rock-hard coilovers and 17" wheels :lol:

I've got 3 recommendations for N16 lowering springs ; H&R are very expensive but quality items (ride comfort excellent), Apex springs a bit cheaper and a bit firmer, Eibach Pros as suggested by Wraith. Can't vouch for any of the other makes, except Gmax which are rubbish & destroy the ride quality.

FK springs are also a good option. FK are a side company of H&R. I found this out after complaining when the H&R springs I had ordered arrived marked up as FK. Apparently the springs are the same, only the price and coating are different.

I'm going for 35mm this weekend woop! and at the moment looking for some nice alloys and tires, playing about with a few numbers though to get it lower.

Went underneath her and some reason 79mm for her. reading up though thought was 69mm and diesels where only 79mm but it isnt? LOL. oh well

I'm going for 35mm this weekend woop! and at the moment looking for some nice alloys and tires, playing about with a few numbers though to get it lower.

Went underneath her and some reason 79mm for her. reading up though thought was 69mm and diesels where only 79mm but it isnt? LOL. oh well

Good job you checked Hannah ! Check out the 'for sale' section of the forum for some wheels being sold . . . . . :)

Hey guys i am just bringing a thread back to life from a few weeks ago, I have an Almera 2000 1.8 3dr sport plus and like miss Hannah i am a bit confused on the rear inner spring diameter for the car. I couldn't seem to find any info on spring diameters for the car anywhere so i gave it a measure and it seemed to be 79mm but just wanted to check with anyone who has the same spec car that knows. I am getting some Apex 35mm springs as the reviews all seem ok, has anyone got these springs already? if so have you got any pics of how your car is sitting on them please.

Thank you.:thumb:

Hey dude - I just fitted Apex 35mm lowering springs about 6 weeks ago. They don't look that low initially, but drop another inch or so in the first few days of use. Ride-wise I'm using Kayaba gas shocks with them, so it's pretty good unless you have a big transverse rut in the road. The handling is good and I'd certainly recommend them. :)

If the yellow shocks are G-Max....Don't waste your money. Ride is terrible on the back and they've ruined the rear shocks and top mounts on my car. Have had to change them back to standard. Rear shocks fell out of the insert!!!

If the yellow shocks are G-Max....Don't waste your money. Ride is terrible on the back and they've ruined the rear shocks and top mounts on my car. Have had to change them back to standard. Rear shocks fell out of the insert!!!

G-max are normally red mate - I know because I had them fitted and they were crap. Apex are normally yellow springs - which is what I have fitted now. :)

They were on the car when I bought it. They could even be the wrong ones but I doubt it....Or, they were never fitted properly in the first place! lol

Back
Top Bottom