Lowering Springs

Hey all,
Has anyone just lowered their car without upgrading the shocks? The cost for a full shock system is a little steep at the the min, so was just looking at dropping it down. My concern is ride comfort and handling mainly.

Cheers again :)

Lowering springs are a good addition to the car, as long as they're not too low the standard shocks will be fine until you decide to upgrade mate

I lowered my last N16 on Eibach Pro Kit springs (35mm drop) on standard shocks and they were great.
They are designed for use with standard shocks and have a progressive wind (the more pressure you put on them the less they compress) which means that they did not bottom-out even when the car was stuffed with camping kit and people.

Not a huge drop but about as low as you can go on standard shocks.

Am I right in thinking you are on quite large tyres? May have to get slightly narrower ones to avoid rubbing but might be ok.

Cool, thanks for that. Yup, running 215s, but theres still a good bit of room left, so hopefully will be ok. (overall I think they are slightly smaller than stock).

I would suggest getting a reputable brand for lowering it - possibly Eibach (best quality in general) or Whiteline Alignment Products (again for quality and performance etc)

Anything in my opinion is a waste of time - god knows what mine's are all i know is that they're red in colour... Probably some cheapo shite picking from eBay no doubt cos my ride quality is shite, it makes odd rattle-like noises and crashes about like a clown suffering from clubfoot...

Can't fault the -35mm Apex springs I got. Lowers it just about enough, firms up the ride a bit and definately stops as much "boat like" bodyroll when cornering.

My Apex springs will be up for sale once the coilovers are all sorted...

Hmm, I measured the space for the wheel arches. 35mm is perfect for the back, but 45mm would do the front very well. Obviously couldnt drop the fron the much. Might go ahead with the 30mm on the back and 35mm on the front. Try and get some even lowering on it...

Back
Top Bottom