Matt's GTi

If I had broken it anywhere else. I dare say it would have been on my drive and. I'd be looking for another.

If I had broken it anywhere else. I dare say it would have been on my drive and. I'd be looking for another.

Unless it was absolutely miles away, we would have done our best to get it running again.

I'm actually aching after yesterday's efforts. Got cut's and scars from that god damn shitty engine of yours. :tt2:

On the plus side, your block may become my new living room table. :lol:

like others have already said it's having like minded people, who are willing to use their own free time (and tools, contacts, expertise, etc) to help other members that make this club what it is! big respect to all involved in this episode! :shades:

At least it'll be used for something. Should be in the unit though not your house! :lol: Can I keep the alternator and starter off it please?!?

i spent the first ten minutes of the working day picking a steel splinter out of my hand that i acquired hoisting the engine.

not so good news on the engine matt but good job by RR developments,

if i had a car trailer, slam would be shipped down for RR to finish!

ps, Ross SR20 table rocks, i made one a while back.

It lives....again! After doing 99190 miles the engine ate it's self. Now it moves again! So happy to have it back.

Although the truth be told I never missed having a car all week!

Time to clean it up and get used to it. Oh and get the tracking done!

Rick is keeping the old unit. Yeah nice to have it back. But as always i've lost confidence in it since it had broken down. So think i'll be putting a for sale thread up soon. Fancy a primera gt!

Oh the bottom end was knocking really bad. Think a bearing had gone. Might have been caused by my rocker cover being sand blasted and powder coated.

On the plus side adjusted the idle and clutch cable. Also put the hot shot gen 5 header on now too! Car runs great and everything works. Which is a great turnaround and credit to Ross and Rick!

Yeah i know but chris understands as he had the same with "slam". I think it might have just tipped me over the edge. lol, primera gt is still good though!?!

Yikes ! You'll be getting a pipe & slippers next :p Or maybe a wife & kids ? :lol:

he has all of the above!

and this:

8d7d0287.jpg

yeah, me and rick gave him a little extra on top of the engine swap!

Back
Top Bottom