Melted headlamps !

• Thread starter Thread starter freefallrob
  • Start date Start date
F

freefallrob

Hi, I went to change the drivers side head lamp bulb the otherday ( main driving lights, inner one ) and it's all melted, i'm taking it back to the dealer to have a look at, anyone else had this ?! It's an Almera 1.5SE on an 04 reg, so I have soem warrenty left, hopefully this will cover it..... :(

Common problem, covered by warranty, You wil get a new SET.
Availability is poor atm tho

as they are out of production from November (thats why I want to get rid of my one as its still worth money now not so much in a few months line) :(

Darren, no offense mate but why dont you just sell it? in every thread where someone shows a GTi you say you want one (i know you cant afford insurance or whatever) and that you want to sell the n16, but you still buy (or look to buy) modifications for it?

warranty should cover it however as said availability i poor, we have none in stock and at thy have been on back order VOR for weeks.

Weird problem this!

I had this problem on my GTi N15 - not sure if it was due to a dodgy bulb that I fitted ( yes I also checked it was correct) The plastic plug which fits onto the 3 pins of bulb back had melted!

As I didn't wanna fork out I snipped these wires back and put some female insulated connecters on in place of the melted plug.

I suspect as your car is newer you may not want to do this

karlk1103 said:
Weird problem this!

I had this problem on my GTi N15 - not sure if it was due to a dodgy bulb that I fitted ( yes I also checked it was correct) The plastic plug which fits onto the 3 pins of bulb back had melted!

As I didn't wanna fork out I snipped these wires back and put some female insulated connecters on in place of the melted plug.

ive seen that on a coupe of N15s but they both had uprated bulbs, does happen but not a common problem, not on the N15 anyway

karlk1103 said:
Weird problem this!

Nissan do do a repair kit for the headlamp connector... I'll grab the part number if i remember.

K33 ELV said:
Darren, no offense mate but why dont you just sell it? in every thread where someone shows a GTi you say you want one (i know you cant afford insurance or whatever) and that you want to sell the n16, but you still buy (or look to buy) modifications for it?

well my dad brought the car and he is not willing to let me sell it so I got to keep it thats why I am planning on future mods

Well chaps it's all sorted, I just rang Gordan Lamb Nissan in Chesterfield, I took it in the next day and they fitted me two new headlamps under warrenty ( complete units ) while I waited, about 20mins !

Can't say fairer than that can you? Well it would have been nice if they hadn't have melted in the 1st place.....

Cheers, Rob.

Back
Top Bottom