Mesh

Hello

Ok, need some new mesh for my front bumper and my new grill as mine has actually gone like a blacky crappy colour
does any one know of a good make of mesh that dont rust or go a sh***y colour
kinda like whats on Naylor's car, that looks nice and shiny
Cheers

before you rip your mesh out mate, try brushing on some alloy wheel cleaner then rinsing it off, like you were cleaning your wheels. if the mesh is decent alloy/stainless, it brings it up a treat, if that dont work Ive found that the Ripspeed stuff from halfords isnt too bad, but the stuff ive got now i got it from a local bodyshop(he normall yuses chicken wire type shit, but when i saw some in his own car that was different from his norm,and I just had to barter for it, in the end i told him about a 'new idea' he could use and sell, an indicator vent i called it, hes done a few suteki style indicators now lol) and i got some decent mesh for free, dunno where he got it from though :confused:

i'll get the wheel acid and toothbrush out tomorrow and give it a whirl
if that fails, i'll try that stuff from Halfords
cheers mate

I got some nice shiney mesh a while back off eBay, it's a pain to work with though cause it's 1.6mm 316 stainless, it's the same as you see in ST24 Mondeo.

THIS is the stuff, but I got mine for a tenner... :D

Another reason it's a pain to work with is it's not welded, it's just woven....

Ignore the blobs on the bumper mesh, they were temporary...

IMG_0035.jpg

Well if you are not bothered about the colour, i.e Black you can get plastic mesh which is mint and dont decay obviously, and dead easy to cut and shape to size aswell!

You can get it from Halfords or Ripspeed for about £22 or so! :cool:

not sure if i like the style of the mondeo mesh, but thanks for the link
gonna go up up Halfords now and see what they have.
thanks anyway guys

Back
Top Bottom