Mikes sr20 micra

Smart! Actually like the look which I wouldn't expect. Engine install looks neat too, like it's meant to be there. Bet it flies!

To be honest I haven't driven it yet :-/ lol.....when I went to view it there was 6 inches of snow on the ground but the guy I bought it off was sound as a pound, he and his mother we're the only two owners from new, he bought it from her and did the project from start to finish took him four years just plodding on with it in his spare time. There's still a few things I'd like to sort/change as with any project but all in all its been very well done. The primera mounts have been welded into the micra chassis to achieve the perfect fitment and factory look. Just need to sort out road tax and insurance then she's good to go.

Yeah he had it up a few years back but wasn't getting good enough offers. But this time it was time for him to let it go to a new home, otherwise it would of just wasted away. Look forward to having a play with it. Picking up an lsd box next weekend for a wee treat :p

my dad sent me a link to this when it was on e-bay if the money was available id have bought it, it looks well done :)

turbo coming soon?

Absolutely mate. Im assuming its just a case of bolting all the gti-r gear on? Will I be ok to use the gti-r ecu or will I have issues with NATS? I read on some US forums a few years back of lads boosting stock sr20 n/a engines and running 14psi daily with decent mapping?? Not sure if theres any truth in that or not...

pulsar ECU wont work.. pulsar manifold and turbo pulsar turbo elbow then a custom 3" elbow back.. needs oil fitting and water fitting putting in which isn't hard work.. drop some impreza injectors in and an intercooler then get it remapped with a nistune.. easy do 300bhp on standard internals and roughly the same amount of torque

Sounds like some easy cheap-ish power. I have boosted honda single cammers before but when it comes to nissan im not too clued up with whats interchangeable. It'll all come to me eventually. Will keep it n/a until easter, will get the lsd box fitted before the end of feb and have a play with that, be interested to see how much the lsd reduces the 1/4 mile time.

All you need is a pulsar manifold and turbo, custom downpipe and exhaust, a set of 370cc injectors and a few pipes. A few people have done it now, it is easy power.

don't know how money is but you may be better looking for a Quaif diff for the normal box there was just a big group buy for them so there could be some floating around.. they work allot better plus you keep the taller gears meaning you can cross the line in 3rd rather than loosing time shifting to 4th the micra isn't exactly heavy so the shorter gear ratio of the VLSD box might just cause you more traction issues.. but that's just what I would do..

Yeah no thats good to know mate. Well I could source a quaif and get it fitted to the sr box while I play with the vlsd. Its all a learning curve, I'll be doing 1/4 miles at crail after each mod I do so I can compare and adjust along the way.

its just a shame its green if it was white and had some G60 steel wheels on her she would be a mental sleeper..

Resprays are easy to get.

I've built a white ga16 converted micra a few years ago that was a total sleeper.and had a white super s before I left to go to oz about three years ago Im thinking of going white with a pre-facelift super s front end. but I'll leave it as is for now and concentrate on increasing the power, tweaking the suspension etc to make it a fast car and not just a fast engine if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom